waking during te night - 1 yr old

farls

Reaction score
hi, my little boy has started crying during the night . sometimes 3 or 4 times. all we have to do is put his dummy in and lie him down ( he is usually sitting up when we go in) he is teething at the minute and im wondering if it is waking him up. he has calpol for bed when its really bad but when he wakes during the night he is s o tired and grouchy during the day. i hate seeing him like this, is thre anything we can do to help so he can get a good nights sleep. plus having a 11 week old also getting up with mark is really tiring us out. i'll try anything.

Its might be his teeth hun, but if he is having calpol before bed prehaps its not that.

Ellis still wakes in night, different times for different weeks. At the min he is waking at 3am just to be laid down, 4am for the same (dont know why) 5.30 when DF gets up for work so i have to control cry him back to sleep which takes about 20-30mins then wakes at 7ish.

But last night I heard him moan a little bit at 3 and 4 but he settled himself. So i think the Control crying is working.

He also has a runny nose so I dont know if he has a little cold??!!

Its so confusing aint it, i feel for you hun. Have you tried leaving him to moan for 5mins to settle himself, if he dont then go in.... but hopefully a few nights of a little moan might make him settle himself xxxxx

I really sympathize with you hun :hug: Aimee coming up to 22 months and she still wakes regulally in the night. Don't really have any useful advice apart from controled crying but I don't really think its an option with another baby in the house. Maybe its just teething of something and hopefully it will pass soon.

Any progress hun??

CCing is working for Ellis.... last night he woke at 4 and settled himself after a few seconds.... then didnt wake till 6.10 but only took 7 mins and going into him once to settle till 7ish when we got up.

xxxxx

When Ellie wakes due to teething during the night, I give her some medised and that allows her to get back to sleep and sleep the rest of the night. It is a pain killer which helps the teething pain but also has a slight sedative effect which helps her as well. I would try some. I only give it to her if she wakes during the night with the pain. Good luck.

hi, we have had a few good nights and some bad ones. trying him at min without dummy as sometimes i feel he is just crying because he cant find it. he does seem a little better. we do leave him for a little while to cry and sometimes he does settle but if i leave him to long this disturbs grace. guess we will have to see if he grows out of it. luckily my DH is great about getting up so i get a break sometimes.

I found neurofen a godsend for teething babies and it certainly let me get some sleep when stephen was teething.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back