Girls names to go with Oscar?

jenni16

Reaction score
We found out this week that we're having a girl in May :)

Our poor boy, Oscar (15 months) didn't have a name for over a week so we really need to get cracking on thinking of names for our little lady.

Names we liked if Oscar was a girl.....
- Poppy
- Mabel
- Elsie
- Isabelle
- Imogen/Immy
- Indie(India)
- Willow

Some we think may be more suited to a middle name. There was loads more but my mind has gone blank!

Any more ideas on something that would go with Oscar? Preferably something that isn't too popular, and maybe a little different.

Xx

Hehe, a week's not that long. With my youngest she didn't have a name for almost 5 weeks lol.

I had a shortlist of 2 names, but couldn't decide between the 2.
Her middle name is Poppy, so obviously I like that name from your list :D

I also really like Indie/India and Willow.

I love Immy but it's very popular now what about Iris ?

We were thinking about Iris as a possible middle name as one of it's meanings is 'Rainbow' :)

I love love love Indie, but really not so keen on India. Same with Immy/Imogen :-/
I work in a nursery, we have a phoebe, sounds awful but she's put me off that name!! Lol xx

I dont like flower names too much now. So popular.

In Scotland there are hardly any Imogens. I dont know anyones baby by that name. Plus I love it. Immy is cute.

There is a girl in Jacksons nursery called Button. For 2 years I thought it was a pet name, like petal or sweetie. :shock:

xxxx

Last edited:
I've only met one Imogen, she was known as Immy, she was a lovely little girl :)

Button?! No way! Certainly different lol xx

I love names like Jemima or Tabatha. Unusual but not too out there. I know an Imogen but she's nearly 20 lol. I don't remember hearing of a child called Imogen, recently so I'd say it's quite unusual.

I love names like Jemima or Tabatha. Unusual but not too out there. I know an Imogen but she's nearly 20 lol. I don't remember hearing of a child called Imogen, recently so I'd say it's quite unusual.

Jemima is nice, but my aunty is Gemma so too similar.

I love Tabby, OH says it sounds too much like a cat

We're never going to agree :wall2:

xx

My little boy is Oscar so I think about girls names that go with it for the future :) I love Luna but I don't think it works. The two we had for Osc if he was a girl were Jennifer or Evelyn and I still like them now :)

There is a girl in Jacksons nursery called Button. For 2 years I thought it was a pet name, like petal or sweetie. :shock:

xxxx

I saw a picture on Facebook of a baby around 12-18months old and the caption with the picture called the baby Pebbles. :shock:

I really hoped it was a nickname for anonymity on social media and not her actual name.

Jemima is nice, but my aunty is Gemma so too similar.

I love Tabby, OH says it sounds too much like a cat

We're never going to agree :wall2:

xx
Ugh! Men! Lol If I ever have a girl then she'll be called Chloe. There's so many pretty names out there...I'm sure you'll find one you both love :) x

That's the trouble, there's too many pretty girls names!! I almost wish someone would say 'here's your baby, and it's called....!' Would make life a lot easier haha xx

Olivia
Paige
Adele
Asha
Aleri
Alecia
Darcy
Eden Eren
Felicity fern ,
Imogen rose
Jessy Jessica
Caitlyn Kat Kayla
Louise. Lauren

Madeleine maddy
Rachel Rae
Sophie saffron Serena seren
Tamzin tiana Tia tegan
Violet
Willow

I really like Willow Rae for a girl if I have one. I'd prefer a boy but just in case :)

I think Indie goes really nice with Oscar. 'Oscar and Indie'. Or how about Isla?

I do really like Indie.....

We like Isla for Oscar. But it was the fave choice of my (ex!) best friend which has massively put me off haha

Had a chat with OH last night, we both like Isabelle again. I like it as it is, but also like both ways of shortening it - Izzy and Belle. I LOVE Belle, a colleague tried to convince me that I could have it as a name on its own lol. My mums cousin had a little girl nearly two years ago called Isobel/Isabel (can't remember the spelling, that's how often we see them!) which put me off it when thinking of names for Oscar. But we've seen them once since he was born so doesn't bother me too much now.

We also like Tilly (Matilda) but my boss' daughter is Matilda, although shortened to Tilda so may be able to get away with it.

Xx

It's looking like Isabelle is a pretty strong contender now :)

Just need middle names to go with it.

We did like the idea of Iris or Beau as a possible middle name (both meaning rainbow), but not sure either really goes with Isabelle.

We've thought about:
- Isabelle Poppy
- Isabelle Willow
- Isabelle Grace
- Isabelle Rose

Any favourites? Or any other suggestions?

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back