• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GGGRRRRR!!

lisa282

Reaction score
For the past several months, we have had our heart set on our daughters name. Told most people what it was and have got used to calling her that, even my son has taken to calling my bump the name. Now some very close friends of ours have had their baby and after much indecision over what to call her, have picked a name extremely similar to ours :twisted: I am so angry, I could barely contain myself when they told me. The thing is, I know our girls will be very close and will see each other all the time, so having names so similar just isnt going to work, then there is also a bit of a pun to be had, as ours was going to be Mia....theirs is Tia. Both lovely names, but now we are paranoid about them being teased as Tia Maria!! :oops: :cry: I feel quite upset that our friends have done something like this when they have known for months what we wanted to call our daughter, and yet they could never pick one. She has already admitted its a bit of a cop out, and that they 'adapted' our name, so its not like they were planning this all along. :( Now we are stuck what to do. I love the name Mia but dont want to be seen as copying our friends, especially as their baby is already here, I also dont want our kids to be twinned together and teased for their names. But part of me thinks why should I change it. :think: At the same time, we HAVE to change it now and go right back to the drawing board looking for names that we both like :roll: Im sure it will work out fine, Im just so mad at the moment!! :twisted:

i know you must be a little bit upset about the whole situation but i wouldnt change it if i were you cos that the name you really really like...and at the end of the day..WHO CARES WHAT PEOPLE THINK?

Thats soo annoying hun but i would stick with your name, this happened to me when i had kieron, my cousin was due 6 weeks before me and had no idea what to call her baby and guess what when he was born she called him kieron, i was so mad i cried for days and refused to go and see her because i knew i would have a go, i still called my son kieron and got told by all the family that i had copied :evil: i havent spoke to my cousin much since.

Hun, you have every right to be extremely mad too, I would be exactly the same. I would still call the baby Mia as it is a lovely name and you aren't copying, you have had the name chosen for months. I wouldn't change my mind if I had my heart set on a name. :hug:

Xxx

Hun, you have every right to be extremely mad too, I would be exactly the same. I would still call the baby Mia as it is a lovely name and you aren't copying, you have had the name chosen for months. I wouldn't change my mind if I had my heart set on a name. :hug:

Xxx

Xxx

Xxx

Xxx

Sorry - it didn't look like my post was being submitted so I kept pressing the button :oops:

Xxx

I agree call her Mia still, if anyone says that you copied fill them in and remember imitation is the best form of flattery! (however annoying)

Chances are she will find a freind somewhere along the way with either a similar or exact name sake.

In my class there were 4 Samanthas (funnily enough no others in the whole school!) and I now have a collegue that I supervise called Samantha too ( we sit next to each other so that we can share a phone coz its easier) Its not messed me up promise!! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back