Getting out of car seat harness

megsmeadow

Reaction score
Hi everyone
My DS is nearly three and we're heading off on holiday two weeks today driving from near Edinburgh to the South of France. We've staged the journey and he'll be fine that way. But he's now starting to bring his arms out of the car seat harness so he can lean forward and reach things. I've seen a few threads before suggesting they have solutions in America but since our laws are different I don't know where to start looking. So any ideas how to stop him, or where I might find a clip of sorts that would go across his chest and stop those little armies from wriggling free!

I'd like to know this too as Z has been doing it for a while now, although he does only seem to do it when he is being naughty or having a tantrum! X

There is something they sell in the uk that crosses in front of their chest to stop them getting their arms out. I can't remember where it was I saw it - going off for a look now! X

I need one of these!

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

I'm back! If you type anti escape harness into google there's a few different ones x

Thanks ladies. I've been doing some reading. The general consensus is that additional straps are not allowed in first manufacture but no regulations around adding them afterwards. There's also some suggestion that additional strap would delay emergency services but one site simply stated they would cut the harness not mess about with clips and catches. So the Houdini stop looks like the most toddler proof, any experience of using one or know other people who have? Might just be enough to let him know we mean business when we say he has to keep his straps on!

I used one for a week from a friend as Layla hyper mobile so very bendy, she hasn't started getting out of straps yet but when it starts will be getting one x

Ok, I've ordered a snug sit for ease of use given that he uses a total of four different car seats during the week so hopefully this is the easiest one to move around. I'll let you all know how we get on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back