Getting legs stuck in the cot....

Last night for the second night running, Damien has managed to turn totally sideways and wake up with his legs sticking out through the cot bars, then wakes up screaming because he can't move!

I know cot-bumpers are apparently bad, but what can I do to stop this? Any thoughts appreciated xx

hi

aww ya thats gotta be tuff, i dunno what to do dont think there is much you can do . kiara isnt in her crib yet. so i have no idea sorry im no help hun hope you think of somthing
Katrina

Is he in a gro-bag Sami?
If not maybe that would stop him?

why are cot bumpers bad? just wondered.

that sounds like a good solution urchin :)

Cot bumpers are not recommended as baby can get caught up in them so it can be dangerous. Also when thy get bigger they can use them to pull themseles up on the bumpers and try and climb out of the cot :shock:

I have thought about gro-bags. The only thing that worries me about them is what tog to use etc, I'm worried he might get too hot in it. Do you use blankets with them etc? x

I have a fantastic photo of me when I was about 6 months old. Wearing just a t-shirt and nappy and fast asleep, legs-a-cimbo, one either side of the cot bars. Apparantly I used to always turn sideways in my sleep! :shock:

My mum has said that the first few times I did it, I screamed because I couldn't move, but then after that, I was always in this position in the morning.

I'll try and find the photo and scan it in for you.

A grobag would be the easiest way to stop this though Sami. The ones I've seen say not to use blankets as well, you just use this as a quilt. From a personal view, I would never use a cot bumper as my daughter managed to pull hers off when she was little, and cot completely tangled up in it. I still get goosebumps when I think about what could have happened.

ewan does that too - he grow bag stops his leg poking through but he still turns. i usually tuck him in with a thin sheet over him an the grow bag - that seems to keep him where i want him!

Sami I use grobags on Ella every night. We use a 2.5 tog one and depending on how warm the house is she either wears a long sleeve vest with it, or a long sleeve vest and pj top. If it feels quite cold then I will put a pair of pj bottoms on her, but this is rare. They keep her nice and cosy :)

Brody has about 4 gro-bags, of a couple of different thicknesses.

He'll usually wear one of them over a sleepsuit+vest.
After one of his night feeds I will pop a thin blanket over him too if it's cold.

Reece has cot bumpers and wears a grow bag!

He has the 2.5 tog one, wears a vest and pyjamas and has 2 blankets on!
My house is quite cold though as i don't have central heating :(

He has 3 bumpers on his cot too!!! One on each side and one on the head board.

Jamie sleeps in a gro-bag too, they are brilliant!! keeps them at at constant temp so they dont get too hot or too cold! :D

i use a blanket aswell if it feels cold and just a light one if it doesn't when she is wearing her gro bag.

May have to invest n a couple of these gro-bags then, they sound like a good idea.

Cheers for all your fab advice :D

xx

My gro bags are a god send as Matthew kicks off his covers it has info on the packaging re what tog to use and how many layers of clothes to use according to room temp and seasons. Matthew has slept better since using them and it doesnt disturb him half as much when doing the night feeds.

Phoebe moves constantly. We have to get up several times each night to put her back in the correct place in her cot.

I just did a search for 'baby sleep positioners' and found some interesting things but they are all designed to help babies sleep on their back or side. If anyone gets a chance will you have a look at them and tell me whether you think they would be ok for a baby on there tummy.
I can't see why not? There is nothing covering the face etc.

Thanks Guys xxx

Yeah they are the ones that I looked at but why wouldn't they be suitable for a baby on their tummy?
I can't see any real reason why? Can you?

no i cant see why really, unless they wriggle downwards so the bolster bit is by their face? but looking at that picture i dont see what difference it would make if the baby was turned the other way on its front, yu could give it a go maybe

okay what is a grow bag... i have never hear dof this is it a sleeper of sourts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back