Getting impatient

Snuggle

Reaction score
I had my pregnancy confirmed 3 weeks ago at docs and I'm not sure whether I'm 7 weeks or 11 weeks PG. Doc said he would contact midwife and tell her situation and she would call me to make first appointment. My wrk colleague is 8 weeks PG and midwife has already phoned her and scheduled an appointment but I havent heard anything :(
I have midwifes mobile number so have phoned twice and left messages to phone me back but she hasnt. I know its probably hormones but its making my blood boil :evil: :evil:

Sorry for ranting...feel better now :wink:

I felt that way too. I even tried begging the Doctor for an early scan (tears and everything), she tried to get the hospital to see me, but they refused. :evil:

Can you afford to go private?

I got an early scan the first time I asked but maybe it's different where I live :think: I told the midwife I didn't have a clue how far gone I was so could I have a scan asap, she rang the hospital and I was booked in for a scan 2 days later.

If I hadn't of had the scan I would be going out of my mind! :wall:

hi i also have this i know that i am 7 weeks but i saw my midwife last week she sed she was in a rush so she cud not fill in my history with me so she booked me a scan for 5 weeks time and told me get in touch with her after my scan. this is my third pregnancy my 1st was a miscarriage so i am really worried. with my daughter they sent me for an early scan at 8 weeks, but she hasnt even asked about my past pregnancies!!!! i think it is sumthing to do with the NHS cuts because a lot of women are experiencing this that had really gud experiences with hospitals and midwifes a couple of years ago. if i were you id go private it is £75, but well worth it. good luck xxx

I was looking through my pregnancy magazine and in the adverts section at the back it was advertising the new 3D scans for about £65 you can also get 4D scans but they cost a bit more. They do them in alot of places now days.

Thanks everyone :hug:

Going to find out where I can go to get scan done privately :D

kimheath, I cant believe your midwife was too busy for you, good job she's not my midwife with the temper I have at the moment :evil:

Hi Jools,

that must be really frustrating for you. I know I'd be climbing the walls if it were me!

I hope you get some answers soon.

xxx

I hope they contact you soon hun. My docs just booked me straight in for my 8 week one, and i got my appointment within 2 weeks for my scan. Try and not stress hun :hug:

I didn't see the midwife until week 11, and had the scan a week later. I was crawling the walls!! No-one seems to appreciate that this is biggest,most amazing thing that has happended to you!

I booked in with MW at 8 weeks then next saw her at 22 weeks. Had scan at 12 weeks and 20 weeks however booked a private 2d scan at 18 weeks with babybond as I was too impatient to know the sex and wanted the dvd :lol:
That was £125 and worth every single penny! You can get a private 2d ultrasound the same as the hospital do for £75 http://www.babybond.com/datingscan.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back