Booking in appointment, GP and midwife

knopk@

Reaction score
So once again I phoned my surgery to inqure about my booking in appointment, they are so useless. The conversation:

- Hi, I visited a GP and was referred to a hospital and was told I would get letters, I have 1 letter confirning the scan date but nothing from the midwife

- We dont have midwives in our surgery so it will be your hospital

- But I havent heard from the hospital and my GP didnt give me any information

*goes away for 2 mintues, comes back*

- Your midwife will contact you after the scan

- Ok, what about flu jabs, who can I see about this

*goes away again*

- if you have any questions like this, you should contact your midwife

*silence on my end*

- But I havent seen a midwife

- Well, the flu season is over and we dont have the vaccine in stock

After this I pretty much gave up and said thank you, goodbye.

Later on went on the hospital website and found info on how appointments are scheduled :

before 12 weeks - booking in appointment
11-13 weeks - nuchal scan

I am so mad no one can tell me what I should do, the website suggested I need to have bloods done as well, nobody has contacted me and my surgery is useless.

I think I will phone the hospital on Monday, maybe they will be able to explain.

DOH!

What a nightmare hon can't believe how shite they are at your surgery, I think your best bet is to call the hospital, usually by now you should have had bloods and urine taken as they do early tests for thalassemia (if required). That said I contacted my sugery almost a week ago and they said the midwife would call me to arrange booking in appoint but heard nothing yet. Good old NHS! :roll: Hope you get things sorted tommorrow x x

Thats so rubbish. Luckily where I live, we're not covered by the NHS, it's all private care.

I went to see my Dr on the 16th Feb (I was 4wks) and had my bloods done the next day.

Thats so rubbish. Luckily where I live, we're not covered by the NHS, it's all private care.

I went to see my Dr on the 16th Feb (I was 4wks) and had my bloods done the next day.

That's great you got seen so quickly! Well I reckon my midwife's ears must have been burning as she just called to arrange my booking in appointment! Spooky... x

Well I phoned the hospital, they were very friendly and surprised I havens had my appointment, gave me mw's pager number, I left her a message and she called straight away. She wasn't in the office so said she would call me back in an hour. Just shows how useless mg gp is

That's great you got seen so quickly! Well I reckon my midwife's ears must have been burning as she just called to arrange my booking in appointment! Spooky... x

I know, the service here is pretty good, I could have had my bloods done there and then if I wanted but I had Lennon with me and we're not telling him yet.

Well I phoned the hospital, they were very friendly and surprised I havens had my appointment, gave me mw's pager number, I left her a message and she called straight away. She wasn't in the office so said she would call me back in an hour. Just shows how useless mg gp is

Thats good news that the hospital and mw could help you straight away. Grrrr to your GP.

So an update - they called me back today and I booked an appointment this Thursdsay morning, apparently they cometo your home

great news hon! And how lovely they come to your home, makes it more personal x x

Thats fab thta they come to your home

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back