Getting creative in my nursery! Am I?

OhWow

Reaction score
Ok so I'm buying my cot for a girl due in December and after staring at the same old cots over and over I have had an idea of buying a plain white one and then painting the bottom end? What do you all think? I wouldn't touch the parts where she will probably chew on one day! It would just be the very bottom outside , just painting maybe her name, some girly things and printing me and daddy's hand prints on it? :oooo:

Has anyone tried painting anything on a cot? Or could recommend any baby friendly paint they have used? Or am I being unrealistic here and it's a daft idea? Baby brain is killing me I don't know what makes sense and what doesn't nowadays! :wall2:

That's a lovely idea! Just look for a water based paint which in fairness these days most are and if you want to be extra safe put it outside or in a garage to dry to get the smell away quicker

I haven't done anything like that yet but my dad is making my 17m old a toy box for Christmas which either I'll decorate or my little girl and I will do together

sounds lovely. There might also be something to seal it with so it doesn't flake? but obv thst might be better non toxic too. Id probs do it a while in advance of being used too... allow any fumes to settle (if there are any).

I thought I heard that chemicals release from paint and floors/carpets etc for ages... don't know if there is any getting away from them!!

We painted our daughters cot, it was used by her cousins and was over 10 years old but we wanted a white cot and this was wooden. We bought a special baby friendly paint from the nursery paint company. A bit more expensive than usual stuff but defo non toxic x

http://www.nurserypaint.co.uk

Last edited:
Ahhh ok thanks for the replies! Think we're going to look more into it and go ahead with the idea maybe with some stickers :)

Im doing like a space theme in nursery bit different but im having so much fun doing it im using stickers for cot just for bottom panel :) i love doing things personalised so I think its a great idea! I didn't even think about paint and things! Yous are so on the ball! Have fin and def put up pics :):)

My mom painted all my baby stuff and redone it for my sisters and we're all still here alive and kicking. As long as there's no lead in it but I think that's just more because the fumes are not good to breath in whilst pregnant x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back