Getting annoyed..

*Rainbow* said:
Me and my OH have got the boys names down to Billy or Dylan.. and no matter who i tell, people go.. "well what happenens if he doesnt look like a Billy or a Dylan".. well.. does this mean i shouldnt look at names till after hes born or what? just feels so negative, and it took us aaaaages to get those two names..
anyone else find people do this?

x x

Its rubbish, the fact you have TWO names, he's either gonna look like one or the other! We only had one choice in the end and we liked it so much it was perfect to us and everyone says 'he really suits his name' because he just does, thery probably didnt like it before when we'd told them. If you like those names then your baby will suit one of them dont listen to anyone else :hug: xx

Don't listen to anyone else, chick. This is your baby and it's up to you how and when you decide to name him. For this reason me and my OH have already got names picked (one for a girl and one for a boy) but haven't told anyone. Just saves the hassle... :wall:

Connie was Connie from about 6 weeks (well I guess we still referred to her as 'Maurice' back then but she was still Connie).

I can't imagine her having any other name.

I don't subscribe to this whole 'what if the baby doesn't look like a.....' thing (but no offence to people who do!).

I've never yet met a baby who 'didn't look like a....'

I especially like Dylan :hug:

Ignore the people who say these things hun. I like Dylan too, we had Dillon picked out if ours was a boy :D

babyblonde said:
I don't subscribe to this whole 'what if the baby doesn't look like a.....' thing (but no offence to people who do!).

I've never yet met a baby who 'didn't look like a....'

I especially like Dylan :hug:

Cally didn't look like a Loren or a Poppy - and Seren would not suit the name Daisy either.

To the OP, we only ever 2 names with Seren, as soon as she was born we looked at eachother and said "she's a Seren". Just ignore people.

i was worried she wouldn't look like a name if i picked it so we nicknamed her and looked at other names for her, when she was born she suited nothing but her nickname, she just looked like it as i'd known her as it for so long.

FWIW i had some women telling me to look at boys names and not buy pink even though i knew she was a girl cos she "apparently" knew someone who was told it was a girl and it was a boy, even though i'd been told by two doctors she was a girl, she was determined to make me feel shit that day, and tbh i spent the rest of my pregnancy wondering if there was a chance she was a boy, even thoug an NHS doctor had said "definately a girl" (they dont say that unless they're sure)

You could always do what we are doing and not tell anyone your choices, just say you havent picked any out yet, people will always have an opinion thats why I keep my gob shut lol

scones said:
You could always do what we are doing and not tell anyone your choices, just say you havent picked any out yet, people will always have an opinion thats why I keep my gob shut lol

Yeah this is what we are doing....also stops people you know pinching the name too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back