George Paul - 11.54am - Tuesday 24th July 2007

Sabrina

Reaction score
George was born on Tuesday at 11.54 by C-Section in Basildon Hospital, Essex. He weighed in at 8lbs 10oz (which to me seemed huge as my first only weighed 5lb 2oz).

The section went relatively to plan and both OH and I were able to enjoy "Skin to Skin" with George straight after the birth and within 30 minutes George was also suckling onto me like a relative "pro". :)
We are now mostly breastfeeding with a complementary bottle at night. George is sleeping well so far and is settling in nicely.

My recovery after the CS was trouble free, apart from a short bout of nausea in the first few hours, and seemed much easier than the first time around. I was on complete bed rest for 24 hours and on the second day was allowed up to shower etc. I must admit I'm feeling a bit stiff and achey now (plus there are some lovely bruises on my lower tummy) but I'm sure in a few days I'll feel a lot better.

We both stayed in hospital for only 2 days and were allowed home Thursday afternoon about 3pm. Since we've been home we've had an endless stream of visitors, cards, gifts and congratulatory texts/emails/phone calls. It has been such a lovely time.

I'm totally bowled over by my new son and have tagged him "Gorgeous George" because I think he is so cute. :)

I'd like to say a big thanks and :hug: to all my friends here on the Forum. I don't know where I'd be without your support. :hug:

Thanks also to the great staff at Basildon Hospital Maternity Unit. :clap:

Here are just a few pics taken from the last 5 days.

:hug:
Sabrina & "Salem"

Newborn
2007_0724George2407070043.jpg

1 hour old
2007_0724George2407070057.jpg

1 day old
DSC00086.jpg

4 days old
28July076.jpg

5 days old - today
29july05.jpg

:cheer:

Congratulations hun and your right he definately is gorgeous george he is sooo cute.

xxxxx

Awwww he is gorgeous!!! Loads of congrats!!! :hug:

congratulations hun and welcome baby george!

George is absolutely gorgeous Sabrina. :hug: :hug:

Well done and welcome to your little man :hug: :hug:

He is gorgeous too!! :dance: Glad your ok! :cheer:

I want mine now! :D

Sabrina, congratulations to you and your OH on the birth of 'Gorgeous George' he's just adorable and can see where the nickname came from. Such a sweetie!! Pleased to hear the delivery/hospital stay was positive (you hear so many negative stories) so I'm thrilled all went well for you.

Congratulations on your son's arrival - treasure him always. He's precious. xx

Aww hes so adorable..

its good to hear of a birth story that went to pla, you must be so pleased.. sounds like a birth everyone wants, the bruisig will go down hun, you rest and take care of your gorgoues boy! :hug:

Awwww- Sabrina, hes lovely. Im glad it all went well for you both. been so looking forward to your pics/story :hug: :hug:

Congratulations he is lovely and wot a great head of hair

Aww sabrina thanks for posting babes and he is absoloutely smashing!

Gorgeous george he certainly is hun.

You seem to be very positive after your c section and glad to hear your healing so well and quickly.

Congratulations babes, we'll have to catch up soon! :cheer: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back