George Best

Kerry

Reaction score
Just thought I would mention how my pregnancy hormones have affected his passing.

Yesterday I was very unsympathetic and said he had no-one to blame but himself etc, he has had enough chances to sort himself out and failed every time.

Today, I cried my eyes out listening to the family on the TV at lunchtime and thought how sad it was for them, they must feel so helpless. 59 is no age to die.

So, how do you feel? Am I the only one with roller coaster emotions at the moment!!! :wink:

oh Kerry

thats the second time youve made me cry today.

at the end of the day, alcoholism is a real problem. it is easy for everyone to say just stop drinking but to a real alcoholic it must be a nightmare.

what an end to a man who had it all. you can only pity him and hope that he is gone to a better place.

the greatest footballer that this country has ever seen.

x

Tell me about it, My Dad ended up in re-hab when I was a small child, Mum and Dad soon split but after years of help and AA he was dry for about 16 years...........he is now drinking again. These people are so hard to deal with and to live with (I know first hand).......alcoholism is a real disease thats easily gets the better of people.

George Best often stayed at a local Health Farm near here when he was supposed to be 'off the drink', I had a friend who worked there who said they were always sending porters out to find him as he would sneak out to the local pub!! An image that has to make the corners of your mouth turn up slightly :wink:

He learned the hard way but had a great time whilst he was here.

Sorry for making you cry again Davina!!

even though i have had braydon my emotions r still over the place - yest i was the same 'its his fault etc' but today when i saw his dad n callum i couldnt stop crying - i suppose they knew it was cumming but it dont make ne diffo -
i am also a big footy fan i support ipswich town and as a footy fan i realise how much of a good footy fan he was!!!!

George best was the best footballer ever

i use to think the same about its his own fault etc etc

But if you read his autobiography you can start to understand why he was like he was.

his mum also died an alcoholic aswell when he was young and he watched it all.

It is very sad, my heart went out to his family and friends. My dad was a masive man u fan and I grew up on stories about Best and Law. He was an amazing football player and will be missed.

I also heard on the news today that Richard Burns, the British rally driver died at the age of 36 (i think) from a brain tumour. He was an amazing man and will also be sadly missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back