George and Sofia <3

flexilexi394

Reaction score
Well my little baby boy finally arrived after a long 10 day overdue pregnancy and it wasn't a labour without its difficulties either! My gosh 18 hours but we finally got there and we are so so happy with our baby boy. He is so gorgeous.

The first couple of nights were incredibly difficult with not very much sleep whatsoever, but on night no. 3 we actually got quite a lot of sleep! And since then he has only woken twice in the night for feeds which has been lovely. We get a good solid 4-5 hours in chunks in the night which is fantastic. Long may it continue!

I am breastfeeding on demand like I did with Sofia, which is great. He feeds like a King! I have more than enough milk for him too which is fantastic. He feeds quite regularly - around every 2 ish hours at the moment but he has taken to having massive naps during the day that can last around 3 hours then he wakes up starving! So it's good that he has nice long sleeps but I do worry a little when he wakes up so hungry. I guess that is why he wakes up though!

Sofia is being an incredible big sister. She isn't Adam's child, but she's a great step daughter to him and a great big sister to George too. She has helped with every nappy so far that she has been around for, and she always cuddles him and talks to him which is amazing. One thing I cannot get her to do is hold him! She really doesn't want to which is fair enough but I wish she would so I could get a decent photograph lol!

I look forward to my journey with two kiddies, I am going to do my best to keep a good journal of parenting!

I was offline for a while and come back to see you've given birth! Massive congratulations xx

Massive congratulations xx Aw he sounds like a great little man xx and yay for Sofia being a great big sister xx

Thank you guys!!! Sooo happy right now we are loving our little family xxx

Congrats Lexi!

My 9yr old doesn't really like holding Phoenix either, she will if I ask her to but otherwise she's not bothered. Sometimes if I ask her to and sort of insist on it she appears to be quite pleased I've asked her (like tonight), but other times I ask her and she asks if she has to and says she's doing x/y/z and asks if M (my 12 yr old) can hold her instead. But then if Phoenix starts crying and I'm busy doing something she will go to her and baby talk to her and sing to her which is so sweet.
M likes holding her and will ask to hold her a lot.

Anyway, take care xxx

Thanks Phoenix! I guess it's just time isn't it, my daughter will happily sit with him etc just won't hold him lol! Glad you are all okay! xxxx

Well, thankfully my little baby boy is a super awesome sleeper at the moment!

He wakes 2 times in the night for a feed, which is just lovely! I have really had a chance to catch up on some sleep which is fantastic.

Sofia has been at her Grandma's for the last 2 days so I have REALLY missed her, but she is coming home tomorrow and I cannot wait to see her - I have her for a whole week! We are going off in the caravan on friday for 3 nights which is going to be fun. I cannot wait to get away for a little while, I think we might just manage it with the baby!

Breastfeeding is going super good too, our tongue tie appointment is tomorrow and I am a little nervous about it but I think it will be a positive outcome. I have trouble feeding off my right breast quite often and I am hoping this tongue tie thing really sorts it out for us. It might not but I am hopeful that it is that causing the latching issue. He feeds off of it and rips my nipple out of his mouth really quickly then tries to relatch constantly, so it is really hard to know what to do! I just keep my fingers crossed that I can improve this after tomorrow.

I bought a moby wrap today to see if I can do the baby wearing thing purely for convenience of walking the dogs and doing the school run! I don't know if I will get on with it but I hope I do! I didn't like it with Sofia but maybe this time I will get my head round it a little quicker and I can practice plenty and get it down to a fine art lol.

Adam is just an incredible daddy. He went back to work yesterday and he has just been wonderful! The whole time he was off he was so incredibly helpful and he has loved helping out loads with his little son, it melts my heart seeing them together it really does! Sofia has got a lot closer to adam too since George has arrived which is nice. She probably sees him being affectionate to George and doesn't want to be left out of that so that is lovely to see them getting closer too.

Off to get dinner sorted now before George wakes up! :wave:

That good sleeping may well continue. My daughter was exactly they same - two nights of funniness to get settled, then she slept loads during the night only waking twice and quickly down to only once a night. She is 16 months now and we have barely had any issues at all. So, I think you might be onto with a winner there - go George :)

Ahh Rooster thank you so much for telling me that now I have high hopes! Lol I am really happy with him, he sleeps so much at night and feeds twice then he has a nice long nap in the morning lol.

So the kids are amazing, we all went away in the caravan for the bank holiday weekend which was amazing! I loved it, the kids loved it and Adam really loved it. We went to a steam and country show so it was all good fun! Sofia got to enjoy the funfair and she got to ride on tractors all weekend pretty much! It was great. George loved it too, he slept amazingly still in the caravan and the weather was definitely on our side! We cannot wait to go away again :D

I have really small concerns about George's tongue tie. I had an appointment to get it reversed and when I got there, I waited for an hour and a half for our appointment, then when we were seen the midwife said that his tie wasn't that bad and that he can touch the roof of his mouth with his tongue and he doesn't make me sore so it isn't a problem, but I have been dong my research and mostly in the US they are really hot on tongue tie and some ladies there have recommended me a practice in London that can reverse them using laser treatment rather than snipping them. That is positive but then I don't want to put him through something that he doesn't necessarily need.

I don't know what to do for the best, it is hard to know whether to just leave it alone or actually do something about it. Apparently they can cause a problem feeding when they are bigger and feeds should be less frequent, but I won't know anything about that until he gets a little older and bigger of course.

I just need someone unbiased to tell me what to do for the best I think as I don't know enough about it ... despite the research I have done a part of me thinks going to get it done would be the best thing but I don't want to put him through anything that is going to be unnecessary.

So that is where I am at with it at the moment! xx

Well in 2 days time George will be a whole month old. I don't quite know where the time has gone to be honest but it has flown.

He is just a beauty, we love him so much. I took him to the cranial osteopath last week just to get him looked over as he was overdue and had such a shit time of it in labour, and he said he's all good except he has some head swelling which needs to reduce. He taught me a lot too which was nice, winding and nappies etc it was all very interesting!

Sofia is really enjoying year 1 at school which is a big relief. She has some new friends and talks a lot more about school this time around which is nice as of course we don't know what they are getting up to! Her teacher seems really lovely too.

George persists to be an amazing sleeper at night, I am truly blessed to be able to get a good night's sleep in between feeds, he wakes twice still to feed then sleeps like a log. It is very handy!

Routine during the day seems to be starting to form, the school runs aren't as much as struggle as I thought they would be, and I actually am early to school which is great! I wanted to make sure we weren't running around struggling to be ready and stuff so I have almost nailed it with the school runs. George feeds around 2 hourly during the day so that gives me a little bit of time to crack on with things in between feeding, I can get into town and do a little bit of shopping etc which is great!

Adam persists to be an awesome daddy which is so great, we are very lucky to have such a great man in our lives, he's so excellent with sofia too which is lovely for her, now George is here he is very affectionate towards him and sofia sees that so she's grown a lot closer to Adam now he's here. She did when I was pregnant but she is even closer to him now, it is nice to see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back