Gender neutral but not white....

Copterpops

Reaction score
Any one else finding it difficult to find gender neutral clothes that aren't white or is it just me?

We haven't bought anything for baby (due May) cause I really want something pretty and not white to be the first thing we buy (for baby coming home.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I had a lot of pastel colours and grey. I really liked grey, we didn't really have a coming home outfit, was just a lovely grey sleepsuit with sheep on

We had a grey sheep sleepsuit. One of my favourites! Most of our early wardrobe was white though. It does seem to be hard to buy nice gender neutral newborn stuff.

I didn't find out with my first 2 and won't with this one- we have a LOT of stripes, and a lot of red, green, yellow, tan, and brown things. There's a ton out there!

Last edited:
I love the Next 'born in...' Sleepsuits as the going home outfits!

I had the 2013 for my little boy, which yes was white, bit unisex. I think the 2016 one is white and grey xx

Last edited:
I also bought quite a bit of grey stuff, got a bit in Primark. Aslo did the nursery grey and white. x

Have you thought about buying white and then dying them a colour you like? Google dyes suitable for baby clothes to make you you get one that is ok to use.

Or buying white and then sewing patches/logos/appliqué on to jazz them up?

Also, stripes and stripey stuff can be adorable too, especially for an announcement pic. Maybe rainbow stripes or multi-colour polka dots etc? I'm currently knitting for a relative who isn't finding out sex, and I'm making a striped blanket in grey, white, and darker purple. Greens, purples, greys, and maybe teal/turquoise and red suits I would consider pretty unisex in terms of colours. You also have things in way of browns and beige :) H&H 9 months xx

I got these off ImpKids, they came today (all 0-3m, socks are 0-6m)

I also got these slipper socks in 0-6m from kidcolour

I have a few stripey long sleeve rompers (one in the same colours as the rainbow stripe vest) and some white babygrows with multi coloured stars and polka dots.

Attachments

• vests.jpg
    vests.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 6
  • socks2.jpg
    socks2.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics