Gaviscon

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
Hello! I have been suffering from the dreaded heartburn the last few nights, I have an app with my doctor tomorrow (a general pregnancy one) and i was wondering what exactly they prescribe for heartburn? Is it Gaviscon? Is it always a liquid they prescribe?
I have a hatred of aniseed and mint flavoured things and really don't think i could bare to take any liquid that tasted of them. I'm hoping one of you guys has been given a tablet form? Or something that tastes nice (chocolate flavour would be good). Lol.

xx

I used Gaviscon to begin with, but now get one on prescription called Peptac Liquid...aniseed flavour which I actually really like.

Chocolate flavour would be really cool though 8)

i got peppermint liquid form gaviscon i have no idea it u can get tablet form from docs but i aggre the stuff is mank n taste like fanjita juice :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

im on peptac too, its minging. its like trying to swallow a mouthful of white stuff :wink:

i think all remedies for heart burn are those flavours :wall:

like Para said hun, all heartburn remedies are usually mint or aniseed. You could try milk though! That works and its good for you as well
x

Well the doc gave me yucky aniseed gaviscon, the smell makes me gag. i think they do do i in tablet form so i make ask the pharmacy if it's ok to have those instead.
I'm already drinking loads of milk, think it's helping it a bit. xx

i hate both the gaviscons :( and unfortunately need them a lot, i got some chewy tablets, which are horrible cos you cant just swallow you have to taste, tbh if i had to choose id have the aniseed one even though i never touch the stuff, it was the least offensive of the two lol

Tegala-7thMarch08 said:
i got peppermint liquid form gaviscon i have no idea it u can get tablet form from docs but i aggre the stuff is mank n taste like fanjita juice :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

I wont even ask!

Have never connected Gaviscon with such a thing....lol

To me, any flavour is worth it to get rid of heartburn...I mean any of the flavours on offer lol

Does anyone know if I need to see the GP for prescription for gaviscon, or can I ask my MW at appt next week? :think:

I've been buying fruit rennies - they taste quite nice, like refresher sweets, but think the gaviscon works better.

Only GPs can give out prescriptions i think but if u see your midwife and the doc is around then they can probably get you a prescription so you don't need a seperate app. I had to ask for it on prescription, the cheeky sod told me to buy it from the chemist. To which i told him id rather have it free. lol.

Ooh can we take rennie things then!?
Anythings got to be better than that gross stuff.
I can feel the heartburn creeping up on me right this sec... maybe il try some gaviscon.

my dr said we cant have rennies, i actually love rennies and would happily munch on them all day :rotfl:

Had a major panic there and had to go check the box, worrying had hurt bump! It says on the rennies box "Rennie fruit may be taken during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding". Maybe then mint ones have something different in them :think:

I was told I could have chewy Rennies?! :think: And says they are ok through pregnancy on the packet too and have worked for me

BabyBee said:
Only GPs can give out prescriptions i think but if u see your midwife and the doc is around then they can probably get you a prescription so you don't need a seperate app. I had to ask for it on prescription, the cheeky sod told me to buy it from the chemist. To which i told him id rather have it free. lol.

Thanks for that I'll ask midwife next week :)

I took some (Gaviscon) and followed it with a pint of water (now i'll be up all night peeing rather than with heartburn, lol).
It was gross, but slightly better than heartburn. Lol.
Will def invest in some fruit rennies, they sound SO much better than aniseed gunk. Lol.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back