Gas Safety when buying a house

I think you can check with Corgi that the work was registered/approved if they don't have a certificate. We are buying at the moment and they can't provide the cert either but the solicitors have written to us saying that the work was registered with Corgi so all should be fine. We did the same with our windows as we had lost the fensa certificate xxx

I would check because Corgi doesn't exist as the gas regulator anymore its been over two year since it was changed, its Gas Safe they should be registered with and if the solicitors said Corgi get it checked. You can pay to use the Corgi name still but it doesn't mean anything it doesn't mean your gas qualified or anything.

Gas safe website:
http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/

xxx

They said it was registered, think I just assumed it was corgi, didn't know it had changed. I will get OHs dad to take a look when we get the keys, he is a gas engineer. Thanks though x

I think you can check with Corgi that the work was registered/approved if they don't have a certificate. We are buying at the moment and they can't provide the cert either but the solicitors have written to us saying that the work was registered with Corgi so all should be fine. We did the same with our windows as we had lost the fensa certificate xxx

I would check because Corgi doesn't exist as the gas regulator anymore its been over two year since it was changed, its Gas Safe they should be registered with and if the solicitors said Corgi get it checked. You can pay to use the Corgi name still but it doesn't mean anything it doesn't mean your gas qualified or anything.

Gas safe website:
http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/

xxx

They said it was registered, think I just assumed it was corgi, didn't know it had changed. I will get OHs dad to take a look when we get the keys, he is a gas engineer. Thanks though x

They probably meant Gas safe, Not enough people know its changed. The amount of customers ask if im Corgi registered and i have to explain its gas safe now is unbelievable, some don't even believe me until i ask them to go google it lol. If your fil is a gas engineer your fine because he can double check it over for you.

I just dont trust estate agents to tell you the truth! wanted you to be safe :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back