G is waking up every 40 mins...

i.love

Reaction score
I was not very impressed when he stopped doing 6 hours and started waking up every 3 hrs...

I was annoyed when he started waking up every 2 hrs...

I was complaining when it became 1 hr... But then I kept thinking - just hang on there, it can't get any worse than this!...

Oh yes, it can! Last few nights it has been every 40 mins. :shock::shock::shock: what's next??

I am tired, but I don't care about my sleep so much, I am worried about my little man though. He needs his sleep poor love! Something must be bothering him. And surely eating that often can't be good for him? And yes, he asks for booby every time. And I give it to him, what else can I do with a screaming exhausted baby!

I am trying to be a good mummy, but I must be doing something wrong :(

Oh Hun that's horrible, poor LO and poor you :hugs: I don't really have any advice I'm afraid. Will tends to stir a lot in the night and I jump up and rub his back so he goes back to sleep before properly waking up iykwim?

Isn't it strange how their sleep gets worse! William slept thru from 10 weeks but like I say he stirs every night now :roll: having said that after reading this I'm counting myself lucky xx

I do the back thing too :) his cot is right next to our bed and I have taken one of the walls off, so I just need to stretch my arm and I can rub hs back, very convenient. He sometimes stirs 5 mins after I put him down, that's when back rub helps.

Does your lo sleep on his tummy then? G does.

Pos, how often does your lo stir?

Could it be a teething thing! o stirs cis he rolls on his belly and wakes up and can't get back lol

Could it be a teething thing! o stirs cis he rolls on his belly and wakes up and can't get back lol

He started sleeping worse and worse when he was two months old. If it was teething surely we would have a mouth full of teeth by now! So far we have none... So I doubt it :(

It does sound like alot of times to be waking, I can only assume that something is bothering him!? Does he have any other issues for example feeding or being grumpy during day-time, anything else you'd consider odd?

I cant begin to imagine how tired you are.

xxxxxxxxxx

It does sound like alot of times to be waking, I can only assume that something is bothering him!? Does he have any other issues for example feeding or being grumpy during day-time, anything else you'd consider odd?

I cant begin to imagine how tired you are.

xxxxxxxxxx

He is very gassy some nights. I thought it could be a milk allergy so I cut out dairy fom my diet for a month or so, but now I think it's more likely to be eggs... So no eggs for me now.

Apart from that he is a happy giggly baby during the day.... Has minimum two naps every day and loves crawling around :)

I hope all this waking up is not affecting his health and development :(

I very much doubt its effecting his development. Try cutting out the eggs & see how you get on, think it takes a couple of weeks to get it out your system (not sure)

xxxx

I'm trying, but it's actually rather hard! Everything we eat suddenly seems to have eggs in some shape or form :(

Last edited:
Is he eating lots in the day so he's not hungry? We've been giving f a tsp of gripewater before bed/last.feed to help her windy tummy overnight. Does he have a dummy? Have you tried offering.water at some of the night feeds as its most likely habit by now as 40mins is the length of their sleep cycles so he's possibly struggling to self soothe himself between each cycle. How long are his day naps? Can you move him into hid own room as even tho first few nights will be a pest for you as you'll have to get out of bed but you might find you're disturbo him on the night, rolling over, heavy breathing/snoring etc? He should definitely be able to go longer than 40mins o would have thought but perhaps the heat has thrown him. Sorry probably nothing helpful but thought id suggest everything o can think of that we've tried with F.

The water is because he'll get to suck and soothe but won't get a gull tummy which might actually ne contributing to the gas, too much feeding. also anything you try.must be for at least 4 nights before you'll really notice s differencr x

I'm trying, but it's actually rather hard! Everything we eat suddenly seems to have eggs in some shape or form :(

Your right, i've never thot of it like that, I had visions of fried eggs & the like, but I suppose they must be in cakes..pasta??

But....if it was the eggs would LO not have always been like this?

xxxxx

Your right, i've never thot of it like that, I had visions of fried eggs & the like, but I suppose they must be in cakes..pasta??

But....if it was the eggs would LO not have always been like this?

xxxxx

Yep, all pasta, cakes, mayo, batter...

Well apparently babies develop allergies when they are a couple of months old.

Is he eating lots in the day so he's not hungry? We've been giving f a tsp of gripewater before bed/last.feed to help her windy tummy overnight. Does he have a dummy? Have you tried offering.water at some of the night feeds as its most likely habit by now as 40mins is the length of their sleep cycles so he's possibly struggling to self soothe himself between each cycle. How long are his day naps? Can you move him into hid own room as even tho first few nights will be a pest for you as you'll have to get out of bed but you might find you're disturbo him on the night, rolling over, heavy breathing/snoring etc? He should definitely be able to go longer than 40mins o would have thought but perhaps the heat has thrown him. Sorry probably nothing helpful but thought id suggest everything o can think of that we've tried with F.

Thanks for your suggestions, that's v helpful!

He always was in our room with us, just at the foot of our bed. I don't think we disturb him at night, he never wakes up when we roll.

He eats as much as he wants during the day, I can't really make him eat more. He hates his dummy. We are giving him dentinox colic drops, they seem to help a bit.

He sleeps for an hour or two hours, 2, sometimes 3 times a day. Its usually 1 hr though. I am also wondering if this is a self settling problem - he always seems to wake up every hour, if you think about it!

If it s a self settling problem, then I guess there are two options for me - leave him to cry at night (I really don't want to do this), or to carry on as we are and wait for him to grow out of it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back