FYI on Preg Sticks second line...

Geminiblue

Reaction score
OK so we all know that you shouldnt read the tests out of the time stated but I dont think I am alone in that I get excited at any second line.

Anyway, so I use internet cheapies which are fine and if I want to be definate I go and get a shop bought one.

Did OPK and HCG as I had just got them in the post yesterday. The OPK was positive hurrah so just threw them both in the bin and told my husband it was his lucky day :-> Then in my infinate wisdom I dug back in my bathroom bin (yeeesss Im gross) and got the hcg which had a faint line!!!!

Did another lot of tests including an HCG which I had from a batch before and it seems that the batch I have now can present a second line way after the time stated.

Yet again, I know what it says on instructions but up until now I always thought, "just maybe...." whenever I read something on here from others re second lines....now I know for definate that some batches present a second line and your not pregnant when you read them out of time for definate.

Anyway ladies happy testing and baby dust to all of you this month I will be in my tww from now

xxx

I agree.... most of the time if its a positive it only takes a minute to give result. If outside the 10 mins chuck em in the bin and don't look back. Guess what? The first EVER pregnancy test I took I was 34 and it was a BFP . I still have it in my bathroom drawer since 31st December 2005 with its 2 lines on it! I think to me its the very start of my son's life so I've kept it. Hope you girls do the same when you get your BFP I still look at mine every now and then and smile as I remember that special day...

Last edited:
oh thats lovely. I lost the stick I tested bfp with my son but got a digital one and the battery obviously ran out, i kept looking at it as long as the battery lasted

What a great idea!! Think I'll POAS now and put it somewhere safe. The CBD will only display for 24 hours as I was hooked looking at it and sure enough the very next morning (24 hrs after) it wasn't there anymore :sad: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back