FYI - For those with cramps

FirstBabyEek

Reaction score
My yoga instructor mentioned that drinking a good quality tonic water before bed should help with night time cramps as it contains a small amount of quinine in it.

The qunine content is nothing like the quantities found in malaria tablets and therefore is safe so long as you dont drink litres of the stuff! One glass is fine.
xx

Yeah I've heard this too! My grandad used to do it. It's worth a try I suppose xxx

Thanks for the info hun!! I will be trying this out x

I was in agony the other night! I also seem to have developed restless leg syndrome too and my lower leg seems to 'flick' everyso often in the night, which usually starts off a cramping episode, so that coupled with needing the loo 4-5 times per night, I feel shattered.

Stocking up on some tonic water tonight me thinks! xx

I was in agony the other night! I also seem to have developed restless leg syndrome too and my lower leg seems to 'flick' everyso often in the night, which usually starts off a cramping episode, so that coupled with needing the loo 4-5 times per night, I feel shattered.

Stocking up on some tonic water tonight me thinks! xx

My legs do this! They twitch, as if I am just about to cramp up but if I stretch them out correctly I have managed to avoid a cramp. Hope the tonic water helps sweetie x

omg ur a life saver i had such bad cramp last night i screamed waking up
my calf feels like concrete today!
i will get tonic this afternoon for just before bed!
like you say between the cramp the needing a wee and heartburn sleep deprivation is becoming commonplace
perhaps its our bodies preparing us!

What a great tip, thank you for that. I get restless legs most evenings and cramp in my left calf in the night so I will definitely be trying that!

Tonic water is like a panacea for pregnant women, my midwife recommended it for nausea, heartburn, and now it helps cramps! What brilliant stuff!

I am buying some now! Cramp in the night is driving me mad, and if it helps heartburn too, even better! Thanks! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Well I had my first small glass last night and I didn't really like the taste but I had NO cramps!! I had the best nights sleep in weeks.

Having a glass now before I drop off so will keep you posted tomorrow xx

I bought some today with a touch of lemon so it didn't taste as bitter, had some earlier when my heartburn was playing up and seemed to do the job, so am definitely going to have some before bed tonight, thanks! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Well that's two nights of being cramp free, defo the tonic water. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back