Further along than 4+4?!

I'm starting to really have some contempt for the woman who did my scan now, for not reassuring me that it was too early and explaining things better... rather than telling me to not expect it to be viable.

Hi first, sorry your having to go through this, in my experience with medical professionals they are very abrupt and to the point, they don't take into account our emotions and what it's taken for us to get these BFP's it can tend to feel very clinical and cold! I would say your just too early to see anything and you'll hopefully see a lot more soon x

Hi hun i had a bleed at what I thought I was 6+1 went for a scan and just a gestational sac nothing else. Was told to come back in 10 days to rescan to see if it was viable and there was a little blob with a heartbeat. It honestly is the worst wait of your life but I must of been earlier than I thought so hoping it's the same for you x

Ah I find it awful that they do this to ladies whom go for early scans! I went, when in my head I had worked it out that I should've been at least 6 weeks, my first was a tiny little gest sac no fetal pole or anything. She was exactly the same basically told me negative things other than reassuring me! That's the whole point in a reassurance scan! I know it's their job and they must see many many ladies come in, which it ends badly for, but I just wish they weren't so cutting. I was told to go back 2 weeks after and there she was, tiny baby with a heartbeat. Now over 16 weeks & we know she's a little girl. So hope everything goes well for you hun! Keep everything crossed! X

I was 5+ 5 so quite late they thought I was around 4

They couldn't find the yolk sac or feta pole at aprox 6 weeks with me. I'm now nearly 23 weeks and feeling little moo kick away at me so I wouldn't worry yet (I also had insanely high hcg they thought twins or further along but nope just the one. Girls can also cause a higher hcg level. Mines a little girl)

Lukily I had a very very reassuring sonographer but I was under ye recurrent miscarriage team at that point. He pointed out all the good indicatiors as well as the negative but left me saying it all looked good so far. But I still had "pregnancy of uncertain viability" on my records. They say that even if all looks well for a long time.

Last edited:
They couldn't find the yolk sac or feta pole at aprox 6 weeks with me. I'm now nearly 23 weeks and feeling little moo kick away at me so I wouldn't worry yet (I also had insanely high hcg they thought twins or further along but nope just the one. Girls can also cause a higher hcg level. Mines a little girl)

Lukily I had a very very reassuring sonographer but I was under ye recurrent miscarriage team at that point. He pointed out all the good indicatiors as well as the negative but left me saying it all looked good so far. But I still had "pregnancy of uncertain viability" on my records. They say that even if all looks well for a long time.

Thank you for the reply Eryinera! That's really reassuring.
My mum and boyfriend all think everything's fine and are trying to get me not to worry, and the research and personal stories of others say the same, but it's different when you're the one growing the peppercorn!

My next scan is Thursday morning where I will be around 5+6 weeks or so, so I'm hoping it'll go better than the last one!

Next scan is 945am tomorrow and I'm terrified.
I had some pains low in my pelvis last night and have been really dizzy... But this is on top of normal pregnancy symptoms including low blood pressure, needing to pee, incredibly sore boobs/nipples and tiredness.

All I keep imagining is seeing an empty sac again and being told this isn't it :(

I just wanted to update this for those who wishes me well, gave me comforting stories and for anyone that may google search a similar situation.

I went for my scan today exactly a week later and not only did we see the yolk sac, but the fetal pole and we GOT TO SEE THE FLICKERING HEART BEAT!

The fetal pole was measured at 6 weeks 1 day, which is 3 days ahead so I must have ovulated early, but it all looks good.
AND it was "diagnosed" as a "viable intrauterine pregnancy"!!

I'm so happy I feel like I can breathe and relax now that everything is progressing.

So so happy for you Firstfreakout!!! Wonderful news, you can relax now lovely, you so deserve it xx

Last edited:
Aaaahhh this is wonderful!!! Congratulations, what a relief!

Aww I've been following this for an update! That's so wonderful, congratulations! That wee heartbeat is the best thing you can see :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back