********Furbaby Labour Thread*******Updated 11/5/12 17.43 - BABY HERE

BellaRiven

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Furbaby has asked me to do her labour thread for her as she didn;t have a bump buddy yet :)

09.05.12 - 1st Text - 18.34 - Went into hospital and 10am for routine clinic at 38 weeks exactly - consultants decided that as blood sugars keep spiking they were going to get me a bed and induce - I was induced at 3pm'ish with a pessary - cervix is a little softened and have to stay in hospital until baby comes - no real pain yet.

10.05.2012 - 8.13 - I've had a few hours of contractions but got by so far on codeine and paracetamol, they seem to have settled now, just have a sore back, going for a shower now then will be monitored a bit more.

15.05 - Hi :) Contractions not frequent yet, will be given an internal in half an hour and they'll decide if they can reach waters to break them or put me on a drip.......So far everything has been manageable and not scary (fx it stays that way) will update when I can.

19.35 - Pessary is out I'm waiting to go down to labour ward in a couple of hours to be put on a drip to start labour properly- contractions still not strong or frequent.

08.33 - I am still waiting for drip as labour ward had an influx- Right now I feel like Rachel from that episode in friends when she's in labour - everyone I came in with has gone to delivery and come back with babies..... arrrrggghhh

08.39 - Last night at 2 apparently they went around seeing who they could discharge to free up beds...I just hope the fact I am still here is a good sign, nothing will progress until I am put on a drip.

09.56 - The worlds longest labour watch, I'm sure I just got told I could go down to Labour, got to teh door and was told an emergency had just gone down and sent back to my bed>!?!

10.40 - Made it to the delivery ward waiting for a room......in the waiting room lol

11.05.12 - 17.43 - Last night at 5.30 they took me in broke my waters and put me on the oxy drip - I had contractions but didn;t dilate....Over the next 16 hours they increased the drip to 48mg (normal does is less than aquarter of that) I managed the whole of the time contracting on gas and air an internal showed I had only dilated to 3cm the decision was made at 1pm that it would be best for me and baby to have a csection. I was taken up straight away and there was a free place and at 1.42 pm Noah James Morton was born weighing a perect 7lb 14oz and I am completely besotted with him and we are so in love.

I just wanna say a MASSIVE CONGRATS to Furbaby she did so well :) xxxx

Good Luck Furbaby :) massive hugs xxx

Last edited:
Ooo yay!!! I love a good labour thread. Thanks for updating!!

Good luck furbaby hope things get moving soon x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ooh, good luck furbaby! Exciting!! Hope all goes smoothly for you xx

good luck x

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

Good luck hun :) hope its as speedy as my induction was for you xxx

Bellariiven hope you manage more updates than i could give you :) xx

oooh been a while since we had a labour watch,,, good luck x

Good luck furbaby!

Love a good labour watch :)

Aww bet she's so excited! I wish her luck xxx

Good luck, I'll be waiting for updates! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Best of luck!! Not long til you'll be holding your baby :love: xx

good luck hunni, hope it goes fast for you and your holding lo soon xxx

No new updates as yet, I am going to send a text later this morning and see how she is doing and pass along peoples good luck's :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back