• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fund raising ideas

Tara & Liam

Reaction score
Hi

A family friends son has been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. After completing his chemo, he has now got a shadow on his lung, and has been referred to Kings College Hospital in London. He was 17 yesterday.

We went to a football fun day where his dad and two other families are fund raisers trying to build a place where 18 - 30 year olds can receive their cancer treatment in Eastbourne Hospital.

Can anyone think of any good ideas to raise money. i was thinking of a sponsored slim for me, but i am unsure.

If anyone wants to look at the charity, then "google" "Tuesday O Hara". thanks x

One of my best friends was diagnosed with this when she was 22. Her family and friends did all kinds of local fundraising ranging from sponsored swims to having a fun day with all kinds of silly games and so on taking place.

Also iirc they had a BBQ to raise funds and a bit of a bash as for them they still wanted people to have fun and see life didn't stop because of cancer. BBQ's can have quite a decent profit if you organise them and price them well. Maybe with a family funday of cricket or something alongside it?

Lots of possibles. Just need to look at what sort of event would raise decent funds and that don't require massive manpower etc to set up. A sponsored slim is good, but it is a slow process. You might prefer to see quicker fundraising results.

My bro had to raise money to go to Chile so he gave people a tube of smarties in exchange that they filled it up with 20ps!

I raised money at work by doing a raffle for all the promo products that came as "thank you" gifts from companies when we placed large orders. You could do similar by asking people in the office to bring in something they no longer need (but works perfectly well) in exchange for a free ticket until you have say 10 prizes. Then charge everyone else for tickets, and depending on the size of your office you could make quite a bit...

I used to run local gigs for fundraising. If you know any pub landlords, ask them if you can run a charity event on a quiet night... that way, they get profit through the bar, and you can put on local bands (usually play for free if its for charity - let me know if you want bands), a bingo night, quiz night, kareoke etc... get some publicity for free in local paper and/or put signs up around the place/local library/tourist info shop.

Ooh I'm getting all excited :D maybe I should do another fundraiser :D If I do I'll let you know and find out the charity details...

I did a zip slide off a damn for charity but that may take some organising.

What about car boot sales and coffee mornings, live music night, sponsored swim, walk, bike ride, dog walk.

Auctions, my sister donated a painting of bob dylan that she had painted to an auction to raise money so you could get people to donate or make things and have an auction night. Maybe even auction your partners!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back