Fun and games this morning ....not!

kellysomer

Reaction score
Well went for my routine 38 week appointment and didnt have the normal MW, yay!!!!! In fact he was male, good looking and very very nice. Very nice infact...... :shock:

Did all the usual checks which didnt go too well. BP was sky high it was 152/98 and normally is about 90/70 so he noted that. Wee showed pottasium? +++ protein, ++ glucose (again) and dehydration. Not good! Then he felt baby who is now engaged yay! This didnt happen at all with DD so woopeee!!! But the swelling on my legs has got worse and i've been having headaches badly in the mornings too. SO off i go to the day unit at the local hospital to check for Pre eclampsia.....

Got there and everyone recognised me from when i electrocuted myself a few weeks ago, how embarrasing was that!! Got a trace of baby done which was fine, BP came down to 123/80 so not too bad and protein was still in the wee so got to go back tomorrow, also had bloods done as well to check for PE. They are gonna tell me tomorrow if i need antibiotics or not, but i dont know what for. Still got a stinking headache but at least they let me come home, which they ummed and ahhed about! So fingers crossed that all the results are well tomorrow.

Also the next appointment that MW has available is 2 days AFTER my due date, WTF???? Thats no use!!!!

Fingers crossed i'm ok, i dont want to go back there again as there was a woman screaming and it freaked me out, i like my denial of labour. :rotfl:

glad your bp came down a bit hon - it was probably your tasty midwife's fault!! :lol: :lol:

You know what ? That thought did cross my mind, thing was i was gonna ask the MW to do an internal today to see if i was dilated at all but no way was i asking a dishy male MW to do that!! :rotfl:

Fingers crossed for the results tomorrow........

That's what happens when you get all hot for the male MW! You naughty girl! :D

Seriously though... glad you are bubs are ok and that you are home and didn't have to stay in! Is baby fully engaged now?

No not fully doctor has written 'ceph 3/5 palpable' but DD didnt engage at all so at least thats something.

:cheer:

That is a bit rubish about the appointment not being until after your DD. I tried phoning the GP's this morning to book an appointment with the midife and got told i had to wait 6 weeks unless there was a cancellation. In 6 weeks time i would have missed my 28 week appointment and my 31st week appointment! Think i might jst go and sit down there is protest!

Hope something for you becomes available - or at least that you get to see that dishy midwife again!

Aww I'm glad your BP went down a bit :) To be honest, I'm not surprised they remembered you from the electrocuting incident..hehe :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back