Friends

Flossy82

Reaction score
I know i have probably mentioned about this before im alomost sure i have but im getting worried by the fact that i really think people dont like me for some reason?? I feel like people just ignore me or anything i might say and this isnt aimed at anyone on here or anyone in particular am i being paranoid?? I know i dont have many friends "well none" if im honest they all seem to have vanished and it get me really down as i like to chat and meet new people etc, and although people might say about the mother and baby groups etc that i could go to i cant as im very nervous and shy even when my little boy was born i went to some and they all shunned me and were in ther own little groups and all seemed very clicky too. Am i just being daft here?? I really want to meet and chat to new and different people but as i say i feel there is something about me?? :(

Dont be silly sweetheart!!! I think your just a little bit insecure. Just join in with any threads you are interested, people dont mind, (well I hope they dont) I do it all the time. This is what the forum is for, to make friends and chat so go for it!! Chin up xx

Awww Flossy ((HUG))

There is nothing wrong with you! Lots of people's posts don't get answered here, and lots of times a discussion will carry on here and my post won't be mentioned at all. It's just the way it is hun don't worry about it.

As far a baby groups go, try and remember, lots of moms there won't even realise it's your first time. I felt bad at my group last week as I only realised at the end of the session a new mom had come and just played with her little one the whole time by herself.
People will focus on the people they know and their babies, perhaps if you take the plunge and introduce yourself (a good thing to do is to compliment their baby or offer to get them a drink if tea is served and they are busy) they will notice you are by yourself.
You won't be being ignored on purpose, people will be friendly if you make the first move.

Good luck :)

Thanks for your answers guys its silly really i just wish i could think a little better of myself but i dont i always find myself putting me down all the time and in the end i start believing in what i have been saying. :(

omg flossy,
word for word, I could have written that. I sooooo feel that way. Im quite a shy person at the start and In the office where I work I think some of the women take offence to that. Im not particularly interested in their obsesive shopping habits or how much this was and how much that was. All they seem to talk about is money. I may have annoyed a few folk because I said I wasnt going to join a trade union just to safeguard myself on the strike day (i work for local government). Loads of folk joined the union the day before the strike so they could have the day off.

As for the m&t groups, they all know each other because they went from birth and I didnt go till jess was one because (1) i didnt know about it and (2) i was working arkward days.

I like the forum because I can say what I think and so does everyone else.

I just hate work just now because I work in a room in the office with 3 other ladies. They are all full time, I am part time and there are only 3 desks. Guess who has to go and find another seat most of the time? They make me feel really arkward and one who has just started gets really annoyed if I sit at the desk which was mine to bloody start with.
Im not going back there after my maternity leave ends.

Flossy, if you want to chat just pm me, we can be shy together.

Hun, i feel like that at baby groups when i first went but now i know more people but sometimes its still the same i will sit their and just play with kacy you have to keep going soon people will start talking to you but try and join in the converstation it does work in the end but it might take a couple of weeks of going hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back