friends letting me down

ashtonsmum

Reaction score
it may be the increased number of hormones but lately seems as if all my friends have let me down, my husband was away this week a compulsory work trip and its the first time we have been apart obviously with a 13 month old son and pregnant with no car its a struggle, but all my friends promised to be there faithfully and help me out, take me places etc yet none followed through, all have let me down not showed up not even bothered texting me.

this was happening before this week as well, just feel so alone and miserable.

anyone else feel like this?

All my friends have abandoned me since being pregnant but it's not bothering me atm cos when they come running but I'll tell them to get stuffed!! Just cos I'm pregnant doesn't mean I don't wanna meet up!! Don't let them get you down Hun x x

^^agreed with LM hun. people like that aren't worthy of your feelings! all my friends went running whilst i was pregnant too but i'm not bothered. as if they were real friends they would've stuck by me. and the real friends did in the end. so you may feel alone now but just think how many new mummy friends you can make! maybe you can try a antenatal swimming class to meet some new people! hope you feel better hunni xxxxxx

It is crappy of them, but some friends just need a kick up the butt. Can you not try texting them first and ask if they wanna come round for a cuppa or do something? I know when my friends have been pg (I've never been before so can't say from experience) but I worried that they would be tired etc so was a bit reluctant to suggest anything. I don't think that was me being a bad friend, just one that didn't really know what the craic was.
Take the upper hand and put it to them that you wanna do something. If they fail to follow through then you've got your answer. Don't write them off just at this stage.
Hope this helps hearing things from a different perspective. xx

yeah i have texted them and arranged to meet then they dont show up and dont even txt or ring to say why. thing is all my friend abandoned me with my 1st pregnancy and i made some friend with people who have kids as my son loves kids but its them that are abandoning me now i dunno maybe just feeling a bit sorry for myself thanks for the comments xxx

Oh well if you have already tried then that puts my suggestion totally out of the window then eh?
I dunno what to suggest now really, but it's not very nice of them to do that. I'd be more inclined to say what the other's have said then and just ditch them - they can't just pick and choose when to be your friends. I don't think it's you feeling sorry for yourself, it is a hurtful thing for them to do xx

I completely agree..my girlfriends who used to call every 3 days have suddenly disappeared since i told them i was pregnant..Forget about meeting they dont even call to ask if I was doing OK. I hate this as I never anticipated this..but I agree what other people have said here that if your so called friends do this then its better to ignore them and ditch them which i will do..initially i was being so upset and neglected that I used to feel so bad but now I am trying to feel ok and learning on how to ignore them

Hun to be honest...i agree with the others...friends like that aernt worthy of being your friends, ur better off without them!!

I try and not depend on them to be honest cos i just get freaked off with the reasons and like you said they dont even bother to give a reason why they cant be bothred to come. I drive myself, and if i cant just get taxi or public transport!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back