does being pregnant mean i am contagious!!!!!!!!!!

SCARED MUM TO BE

Reaction score
HEY EVERYONE, JUST FEELIN A LITTLE LOW TODAY HAS ANY OF YOU EXERIENCED THIS,

I HAD WHAT I THOUGHT WAS A GOOD NETWORK OF FRIENDS BUT SINCE I HAVE BECAME PG I SEEM TO HAVE LOST ALL OF THEM,

they all go out with their fellas never call out to visit me never would dare ask me to do things like shopping or cinema or anything, just cos i cant drink doesnt mean i am boring, it has got me really down as most weekends my fella's friends all come and visit and none of mine ever do, i know i am being silly but have any of you found this and if so can you give me some advice to cheer myself up.

thanks

'fraid so!!! When I first told people various freinds and work colleagues were great and suggested going out for meals and going to galleries as I wasn't drinking anymore, but that just sort of petered out and I have virtually no social life now. It would probably bother me more if I weren't so knackered most of the time ;o)

All my friends are still in a bubble world of A-levels, Uni, occasional boyfriends, one night stands and drinking - far too busy to worry about me who has set up home with her partner and having a baby. Sod them! I'm happy just as I am. :D

i have spent far too many nites cryin over them that i am just going to get on with my life without them, it just really frustrates me that i am the kind of frind that wouls make sure that my friend was ok and visit them regulary maybe im just a big walk over well no more. i have my baby to think about my fela and my family so i am lucky.

It's strange how priorities change isn't it. I'm lucky I have some amazing work mates so still seeing them, but my other mates have stopped bothering. I don't care, I'm happy being with my OH and chatting to you lot, I feel like the forum and the people I met on here are my best mates now. :D

Hiya,

I'm pretty much the same really. My friends do phone or text once in a while to say hi and see how i'm doing but they don't ask me out anymore, alot of that is my own fault because i've felt crap for 3 months now so they don't bother anymore.
A couple of my friends I only see once in a blue moon when either me or one other friend arranges something, they just never bother, but when we do get together always say 'oh, it's great to see you, we must do this more often' but I get fed up being the one who bothers all the time, if I don't then that's it!

I'm sure they will all flock round when the baby is born or when I win the lottery!!!! (I wish :lol:)

Nicki.x :D

As long as they bring presents :wink:

I must be lucky :D

All of my friends are chuffed about my pregnancy and if anything we are closer now than ever.
Although a couple of them have mentioned to me that they are thinking about having a baby so I just hope that I haven't started an epidemic!! :shock:

Hi all well i know what its like not to have "friends" all mine dont seem to wan to know anymore and generally when they do want to know you its only because they want something but im not all that bothered i have my life now and thats my family which i wouldnt change for anything.

hey im glad to know i am not the only one it gives me a sence of relief.
at least we hav the forum

yeh

I guess I am pretty lucky too!!

As I am pushing 31 and have 2 children already 4 and 6 I have a lot of friends with children the same age who aren't having any more........therefore they are all very excited about the prospect of a new baby for them all to play with and keep buying me gifts and handing me down clothes equipment etc that they have finished with.

I do feel very lucky..........and funnily enough a lot more special than when I was 24, pregnant with my first and in the same boat as a lot of you are.

Much love

you are extemely lucky i am going to join classes when the baby is born to meet ppl in similar situations so that way i have more in common with them
oh also has anyof you heard of a belly belt i just bought one today

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back