"Friends" Having a Rant.

ss79

Reaction score
Just a bit p***ed off this morning. Trying to arrange a lunch/dinner out in the next couple of weeks with 4 work pals. The first date 2 of them can do for lunch is 15th September, the other 2 have said they can't afford it/are busy so won't bother. They said they were busy even before a date was arranged.

Also I haven't seen any of them for about 6 months and all they can do is a 50min lunch and thats it. Plus expect me to go all the way to their work so they will be back at work on time despite the fact its a 20mile journey there and back for me and by September 15th I'll be 8 months pregnant.

Just really annoyed, some of them don't seem to care at all. They all work in a 9-5 office with a lunch break every day that they don't work through, so don't know how Sep is the earliest. Also those that "can't afford" it, the place we go is a coffee shop so they don't even have to order a big meal, a free glass of water they can't afford? I'm skint but I still make the effort. They haven't asked how I am and are just so me me me, Aaaaargahrgarhhh!!!

Rant over. For now.

yes friends can really get out of touch when you become pregnant. I can totally see why you think they are being unreasonable if it is to be a meeting during their lunch hour.

Easier said than done but I would try not to take it too personally as people who haven't got children or been pregnant really don't understand how important it is to be concerned and make an effort to keep in touch with friends who are expecting..

Why don't you save the money that you would have spent with these gals and book a nice evening meal with your OH or your sister or something? Getting out of house and treated nicely will do you the world of good xx

thanks Xcitedmum2b. I've had a rubbish day and have been crying on and off for most of it. I'm considerate and think of others so really pisses me off these girls are all so wrapped up in themselves they can't be bothered. I'mm wondering whether to just cut them out altogether. Don't have a sister and OH and I have eaten out far too much recently but will do something fun this weekend to cheer us up. Think I'll email girls and say mid Sep is just too far in advance to plan as won't know how I'll be feeling then. Doubt they'll even respond let alone try to arrange a date that suits better. Thanks for the reply xx

I've experienced the exact same thing since I moved away (moved from Birmingham to Northern Ireland) and let's just say I have really found out who my true friends are. A girl I've known for about 16 years has not made any effort to see me here and when I came home for a visit in March she spent 15 mins with me (she had to go cuz her OH was cooking dinner....) plus other stuff that I wont bore you with :p If you feel this let down hun try and tell them and explain how you've been feeling. Once you've done that and they respond I think you'll know your answer... I found my answer pretty quick and I'm glad because I don't waste my time with people who dont care :) I hope you're ok. xx

It's awful when friends act like they don't care, I've had the same thing with mine and its upset me so much I feel really abandoned, especially as I always make an effort for them, my oh says just f'ck em they aren't worth it, but I'm not like that. I finally met up with one today and was explaining I was trying the hypnobirthing and how its all about dispelling the myths that birth has to hurt & be a horrendous experience, and that it can be calm & relaxing etc, it advises to stay away from any influences that make you believe it is a bad thing, and she said don't be stupid birth WILL hurt, its the most painful thing ever and you will be begging for drugs. Well that maybe so but I'm trying to go in with a positive attitude and I felt like she disrespected that and deliberately tried to sabotage what i was doing by saying it to me, and she's supposed to be a friend!!! I'd say tell your friends you can't do Sept you don't want to be traipsing 20 miles when 8 mths pregnant esp for people who won't appreciate it :hug: besides you have us on the forum as new friends now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back