work grrr - apprarently a massive rant alert

Squeakz

Reaction score
so, im supposed to be doing 6 hours at work on saturday, however by the end of last week i realised that 6 hours is just gonna be far to much for me. I have to take a 30 minute walk to work and a 30 minute walk out of work plus standing ALL day and at 35 + 3 is a lot of strain on my feet, ankles, and my bump by the end of a 3 hour shift, really really aches. So at the beginning of the week i called up and asked to swap to a lunch cover indtead cos the strain is too much for me. They told me they would call me back after sorting it out. Of course they never did and so called them wednesday and they wont change my shift. However apparently they will let me sit down (which is nice of them) but also i cant wear comfy shoes. I have a pair of black flats that i just cant get my feet in to and i refuse to spend 20 pounds (which is money i dont really have spare due to the fact that they have only given me 27 hours work over 13 weeks) on a pair of shoes for 3 shifts and so now have to have a 6 hour shift at work, in shoes i dont fit in.

So upset i could cry about it! Feel like i permanently bend over backwards to accomodate them, going in when they call me up to cover shiftswhen they need it, also doing extra shifts towards the end of next week to help them out and just feel disappointed in them. I really want to quit however i only work in my uni holidays and so looks good on my cv. in fact tbh i just wanna walk out mid shift. they have never treated me properly, im still awaiting wages from easter, i just hate going in there so much and they dont understand. When i was in hospital getting checked over with a mini bleed i got my OH to call in and tell them tht i wouldnt be in work that day and they tried to make him go in to the hospital, get me out and tell them myself and they werent even bothered ....

Rant over ...
Sorry i rant so much on here!!
xx

If I were you Squeakz I'd tell them where to go. Have they done a risk assessment for you, I'm guessing not if they're making you work for that length of shift in inappropriate shoes. If you have to go in is there not a bus or even a taxi you could take, even if it's just one way - like at the end of your shift - it would help.

Plus, when where you thinking of stopping work anyway cos for 27 hours in 13 weeks, is holding this job down worth it - physically?

You've done everything you possibly can for them and if you are only holding out for a good reference, they can't give you a bad one just cos you left because you were pregnant.

Hope it goes OK...

Aw hun! I really feel for you - the employer i had with my first was a complete bitch, and kept making me work night shifts abd 8 hour day shifts - at 36 weeks pregnant!! So i feel your anger and upset!

What i would do, is go see your dr. Today is poss? And get a sicknote! Your 35 weeks pregnant and already tired without the added strain of a half hour walk, then 6 hour shift, then another half hour walk! Tell your doctor how tired you are and add little white lies if you have to haha!

Hope you get sorted soon!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back