need to rant

Layla

Reaction score
sorry girls, i need to have a rant.

your prob all sick of me throwing my weight around by now but i dont care lol

this isnt pregnancy related so sorry if its in the wrong place.

bascily im sick to death of my family, its my wedding in less than 2 weeks and they have all donenothing but guilt trip me and muck me about.

my dad wouldnt hire a uit coz he couldnt afford it, it was £65, the shop said, if we had 5 suits we would get one suit free, so we asked about and manged to get more people to hire a suit, just so that my dad could have the free one. (i wanted him to match everyone as he is walking me down the isle)

then my dad tells me that he is not doing a speech at teh meal coz he is to nerves, fair enough, not a prob, my maid of honur has stepped in and offered to do one instead.

then, my sister and her boyfriend say they cant come coz they cant afford to pay £49 to stay in teh travel lodge (my family live in Slough, im in south wales) so i then said they could stay at my house, i want my sister at my wedding.

then, my uncle says he cant come coz he has no one to look after the dog!

then, my nan came up yesterday with my dad and told me the flowers were horrible and that everything for the wedding is to dark and not traditional, now she bloody knew this from teh start but has chosen now to tell me!

and today, my dad and nan say they are not staying over coz they cant afford the travel lodge so they will be leaveing early and driving back, i didnt want this, maybe im being selfish but i would like them there till the end, to have a drink and enjoy themselfs, so i said they could stay at my house along with my sister and her boyfriend, they agreed.

which now means, me and jase either have to spend our wedding night being good shareing our house with my family, or we have to pay for a hotel which we cant afford so we can be alone (we are not having a honeymoon)

then my nan phones me back saying, she doesnt know if she cant stay coz she has no one to look after the dog, which means my dad cant stay coz he has to drive her home.

so yet another dog excuse, FFS its a dog! lay some paper down, extra bowls of food and water and ask the neighbour to check on it now and again, im sure its not going to die if its left alone for one frigging night!"!!!!!

so right now im shaking and crying, not coz im hurt or upset, coz im REALLY mad that i have had to bend over backwards and fit my wedding day in around them.

and the thing that bugs me the most is that my dad can afford to buy a £1000 tv, a new fitted kitchen, do up teh garden and take his girlfriend out for days out every weekend, but he cant afford to make the effort for my wedding. yet he moans coz jases family have offerd to pay for things (we said no) and have ooked in to a hotel and helped us out with no questions asked or fuss.

AAAAGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

sorry for the long post and sorry for my rant, but i needed to get this all out somewhere, and didnt want to dump it all on my OH when he gets in from work lol

xxx

Awwww hun. I'm so sorry you are having a hard time. Weddings are really stressful aren't they.

My biggest crisis was when I went for a dress fitting and they had taken it in too far and it wouldn't do up! :cry: I was mortified and the dress fitter tried to make out that I had put on weight, which I hadn't.

I complained to the manager and it all got put right in the end.

You seem to have had more than your fair share though babe! I can't believe everyone is acting like this when you are pregnant as well! Don't they realise that this is double-stress for you?

I am angry for you now! :twisted: :evil:

Your family are acting like real gits, I can't believe that they wont go to the effort for your wedding!!!

I really feel for you and am sending you lots of hugs, you have every right to rant go right ahead. I think you've done enough to work your wedding around these people. As long as you keep your chin up and have a lovely day that's all that matters. I've come to the conclusion now that my family is me, DH and my future boo. Everyone else can fit it around that and I am not going to get stressed out about them.

they seem to think that coz its my 2nd wedding that its ok for them not to bother, im sorry but i dont see it like that.

i married young and it was a mistake, i can admit that now, but this time it is diffrent, im older and wizer and i know this is the real thing for me.

but im at the point of telling them all to piss off and not bother coming at all, if i hadnt of paid for there places at teh weddingbreakfast/meal i prob would but i feel stuck now coz i dont want to lose all that money.

but then i guess that makes me as bad as them for bringing money in to it

It shouldn't matter whether it is your first or your tenth wedding, your family should still be supporting you.

Families are very strange things hun. I don't think there is such a thing as a fully functioning family where everyone loves and supports each other unconditionally. Families think they can do what they like and get away with it. You can choose your friends..................

I think it is very unfair that they are being so difficult at a time when you are also pregnant. That makes it even more unfair.

I had very few family members at my wedding. My choice. 90% of the guests were friends and thats how I wanted it and it worked well.

I agree with Rosie about who is important in life. The most important people in my life are my mum, my DH, my little bean, my cat and my close friends.

After the wedding, just concentrate on who brings out the best in you.

All the virtual hugs going your way

Oh Layla that's really bad. People can be so thoughtless. You should have done what I did and run away to Greece and got married on your own :D Far less stress!

Maybe you should give up your house to the world and his whippet, charge them £5 each and go and stay in the travel lodge yourselves.

Please don't let this ruin your big day. I'm sure it will all come together at the last minute. Keep concentrating on the two of you and why you're doing it and sod the rest of them (easier said than done I know).

Big sympathy anyway. Life eh?

hey louise thats a great idea if they all cant afford to stay at the hotel make them all pay a contribution to you and future hubby staying there :D
families can be so thoughtless and hurtful at times like this try not to take any notice layla hun remember this day is going to be really special no matter what. you and o/h will be together and stuff everyone else enjoy it and dont let anybody spoil things for you remember its your day nobody elses :D im sure it will all be fine in the end xxxxx

Awwww babe I feel for you!
YOU are certainly not being selfish, your family however are! I m guessing you didnt plan to get married a week or so ago? Then the family should have had time to save up and make plans Please look forward to your really special day, concentrate on each other and enjoy, ley us know how it goes xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back