FRER got lighter...

SiameseCatLady

Reaction score
Hi. Me again...
I know I don't need to but keep taking tests as convinced am going to lose the baby :-( I suffer from anxiety anyway, but it's helped me... Until now.
I have been worrying badly today and after working late (10.20) and drinking a cup of tea and a fair bit of water, went home and took another FRER.
I could only do a bit of urine - but enough to stick the stick in. It came up as positive and you can see it really well, but it is quite a lot lighter than I have had previously.
My question is, is it really true that later at night when you have been drinking stuff, it can affect the result even at 7 weeks?! Or am I losing this one?!
I know I sound like a lunatic, but appreciate any advice or similar experiences. Xxxx

At 7 weeks you are likely experiencing the "hook effect"- the hcg gets so high that the antibody strip doesn't register it correctly and hpts begin to get lighter. I have read the scientific explanation and can't really explain it but I have never tested after 5-6 weeks for that reason.

Try to stop worrying hun, kholl is right, that's why I don't test later on anymore either.

Last edited:
I'm also worrying! I want to do another test but my bf says not to. My scan isn't until beginning of March.
I can't help re the fainter test but I can reassure you that you aren't the only one!

Thanks ladies. I will try to resist doing it again. Have a scan this Thursday, so will see...

Try not to worry hun (I know that's not easy) just look forward to your scan x

step away from the tests. My results went strong st vCard all, never got string but I'm 25 weeks pregnant now.try not to be so nervous and stress yourself out

Yeo either the hook effect or are you sure you're looking at the right line?
I thought the same on one of the tests I did turned out I was looking at the wrong line. I put was the control line that had gotten lighter not the pregnancy line.

Did you do another test?

I would think it was because your urine was diluted. Have you tried with FMU? Xx

So Defo the line on the left was faint? The line on the right on first response is your control line.

Don't worry, the lines get fainter the further along you are. Stop testing sweetie, it's a stress you don't need to put yourself through, hang on in there until your scan xx

Thanks. Yes, it was definitely the correct line I was looking at :) I am not testing anymore.......!
The scan will tell me what we need to know. It's just, as you all know, so scary. We are beginning to let ourselves think about things to do with the baby etc. but that feels scary. I am hoping little one has grown and that it's heartbeat is still going strong.
Had a stressful week. Lots of work to do and some went all wrong(!) plus my mum is in hospital :-( If it's still ok, it can survive anything, I think!
Please wish me lots of luck. Thursday at 10. My DH is off work so he can come too. Xxxx

Good luck but you won't need it!!! Mine is on Thursday at 9.40 - can't wait!!!!!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back