Frequently catching colds....

clucky77

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I am a little worried as this is the third raher nasty cold I have had since I found out I was PG almost 6 weeks ago.

I have read that your immune system supresses itself as to not reject the lil bean, but I am averaging a new HORRIBE cold every 2 weeks.

Is anyone else in this baot. It worries me as I have no 'pregnancy symptoms' except tiredness, but am always sick! Coughing up nasty substances, constant blocked nose, heavy head etc. No body aches so not the flu.

I know the lil bean is well protected, but I am still concerns about this.......

Hi,

Not sure if this is much help to you, but I've also come down with a stinking cold too (I should be about 6 wks now although am waiting for clarityfrom a scan on friday). I had a browse on net about it and apparently it's very normal - all your bodies resources are going to be focused on whats going in the uterus so is common to catch colds in early pregnancy... hope this helps! try not to worry too much. :) :)

Good luck!

Lucy

Hello,
I caught the flu about three weeks ago and was really poorly for about a week and ever since I have been coughing like mad, quite violently and now have a cold. I was about 7-8 weeks pregnant when I first got it and was really worried but I had my mid wife appointment a couple of days in to it and she wasn't concerned at all, just told me to take paracetamol if needed. I had my 12 week scan last week and everything was fine. They put me back a week so I have to go back for a proper 12 week scan which I am glad about so I can be totally sure everything is OK as I am still not well but its quite scary not knowing whether its having an effect on the little one. I think they are quite well protected in there, you just need to avoid certain medication. I have been steaming with salted water which has really helped and eating loads of vitamin C and going to bed early to try and recuperate. I can't wait to feel better - I know exactly how you feel. Its rubbish :hug:

thanks girls. i have never been so frequently sick! So annoying as it's not the right kind of sick for PG! Grrrrrr. Anyway, called the Dr and he said not to worry unless things get worse. Steam and paracetamol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back