Frequent Breastfeeding

Oscar still plugged in all the time? Ella has been today :roll: Getting a bit annoyed at being welded to the sofa!

Yes he has been. Had a trying day, but I've got new hope. (don't know where from yet) :? :D
I left him to cry a bit, but I didn't like it. I feel his too young, but will keep my options open for the time being. When I read that site I posted above, I felt so much better. Seems like it's a problem for a lot of women. I just don't ever remember having problems feeding my daughter.
Anyway - DH has gone again. This is not an easy task on my own, but I'm still smiling - I've got this little plum and of course, 2 bigger plums too! They give me all the support during the week. :D :D

Well, some day ahead of me tomorrow. It's going to be 40 degrees Celcius and Oscar is getting his immunisation. Great - more grumpy days ahead..... :roll: :roll: :D
Yawnnnnnnn...
Emilia xx

Sorry that you are going through this but I have to say its so good to know I am not alone. Have been worrying about whther I am doing the right thing still. I am demand feeding Seren but was made t feel pretty bad last week when another bfing mother said to me that she was surprised I was still doing so and that I obviously was getting nothing done because of this, her baby is on a three hour routine. I couldn't get Seren to do that, and felt so bad as her baby was all calm, didn't even cry for food where as my little girl was going purple in the face as she hadn't eaten for all of an hour. Felt like I was the sh****st mum in the world as I was still demand feeding, my HV says I should still be doing so but I can't help comparing babies and felt like I was the only one who was sat on the sofa all the time. I don't know what to do, blooming feeding has been the bane of my short mommy life so far :(

Hello!!!

How are you girls? Thomas has up and downs. I am breastfeeding him in the morning and evening otherwise he is on formula now but that has not changed anything at all. Sometimes he will go happily 4 hours without feeding, especially when i go out but other times it is every half hour even on formula!!! :cry: But he only drinks 2 ounces max of formula each time. The h/v said to persist with it!!! now he is accepting the teat much better which is a plus :)

Hey

Ella has been terrible too the past few days. Last night I put her down at 9.30pm, she'd been feeding for approx 2 hours out of 2.5 hours :shock: :( and then she only slept til 2.45am. So I fed her, Matt gave her 2oz of aptimil afterwards as she wouldn't settle whilst I expressed off my other boob to use tonight when she's really hungry. We finally got to bed at 4.30am, Ella slept on and off for 2 hours (mostly off) then took another 4oz of aptimil and came in with me at about 7. She woke up for a feed just before 10 and at the moment is asleep downstairs.

I just feel like I am not satisifying her at the moment :cry: The other night she wouldn't go down til Midnight, then she was awake at 5am.
I was crying yesterday morning when she woke at 6am and fed for a whole hour, I was hot, itchy, tired and desperate for a wee!
She's got her first jabs today and I am dreading it.

Hey Kina

Hope Ella's jabs go ok today.

I just feel like I am not satisifying her at the moment
that's how I felt last night, Olivia had been feeding for 30 mins and my boobs felt empty and she was grizzly and when I tried to hand express some milk (too sore to use pump) and only a wee bit of milk came out :( but then she did go back on the boob for another 10 mins so I hope something was coming out (I can't seem to tell if she's swallowing or not).

Today Olivia hasn't fed hardly at all so I guess that means I'll be in for a busy night for her to catch up :shock:

Lucy[/quote]

Hang in there everyone.... we're all going through the same thing and it's normal! :D I've accepted it and quite enjoy it now.... gives me time to sit down and watch some telly - something I haven't done for yonks!

Oscar is back to normal. Sleeping and feeding nicely. However, I've accepted the cluster feeding thing. He stays plugged in between 6ish and 8ish. So, 2 hours of sitting on my bum!

It'll pass soon - our bunnies are growing after all! :D
EMilia xx

Lucy, don't worry if you are not able to squeeze or express much milk after Olivia has fed, it doesn't mean you are not producing anything as our babies are much better at getting milk out. Seren has been feeding off me lots today and I feel very empty but then she threw up a load so she is getting milk out. You are doing great. If she isn't swallowing it could be that she is comfort sucking, again Seren does this alot where she is happy just sucking. i just let her til I have had enough.

Kina, hope Ella is ok after her jabs. x

Beanie - I'd read that the babies were much better at getting the milk out but sometimes it is hard to believe it when my boobies feel so saggy and empty! Thanks for encouragement!

Emilia - Olivia usually cluster feeds and now I also don't mind at all as last night she slept from 11 - 3 - her best yet after cluster feeding from 9-11! (When we've given her formula she has slept for 4 or 5 hours)

I've just been to get her weighed and now she's 8lbs (7lbs 4.5oz at birth then dropped to 6lbs 12 oz) so that does give me piece of mind that she is getting her fill from my saggy dongers (and that was with her only having 2 formula bottles of 2 oz each last wk).

No wonder everywhere I look now I see notices for Breastfeeding support groups - I think it does take a lot of support and encouragement!

Lucy

that does give me piece of mind that she is getting her fill from my saggy dongers
:lol: Bet mine are saggier than yours ;) :lol:

She's put on 9.5oz this week, so I know she's getting the milk. I spoke to the HV and she said it's a 2 month growth spurt. I think Ella is on a continous GS!!

BTW her jabs weren't too bad, she cried for a couple of seconds but then calmed down and went sleep on mums shoulder (I was too chicken to hold her!) - she cries more when I undress her!

Today has been one of those days that I honestly don't know how Oscar managed to get anymore milk out of me. My boobies were well and truly drained...
Now, sitting here (2 hours after he's gone to bed) my boobies are feeling slightly perkier. They're resting for a change and recharging nicely..... phew!!! :D :D
Well done Lucy - Olivia is on the right track and you're doing EXCELLENT!!!! Just remember.... Cuppa, teacakes and telly - success!
Emilia xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back