Freezing/refrigerating food

:lol: I shouldn't laugh but can just see the screwed up face! I'm not boasting cos it doesn't take much to cook up some sweet potato and pear, but Ella does prefer homecooked to jars which is reassuring. After your experience I will keep them to a minimum. I've got some in the cupboard for emergencies but do have a nice stock of different things made up now. I bet Ruben will be back on his homecooked stuff in no time :)

I should have mentioned that my above recipe makes 2 big desserts, Ella cant manage all that in one go! :lol:

Petchy, I'm also sure that Ruben will be back on your delicious cooking again soon. I'm the same too with regards to "one spoon for Oscar, one spoon for me".

Kina, try Pear and Redberries. You'll get the berries in your frozen fruit section. Raspberries work great. Stew the pear in a bit of OJ and add the berries towards the end. Blend and put through sieve to remove little pips..... thicken with baby rice. I love this stuff - I can eat mouthfulls of it!

Can't beat home cooking. Oscar had some mash, sweetcorn, peas and carrots put through the mouli for him last night. It was was we had, but I ommited the roast chicken.

It's so early. but all this talk of food is making me hungry! :D
Emilia xx

I bought some Papaya today, how do you go about using that? Apart from having it in muesli, it's the first time I've bought it :)

The pear and raspberries sounds nice, the inlaws have got lots in their allotment at the moment :)

i dont freeze anything, each time i have done it and defrost it, it never seems as nice.

I make Cobys meals and puddings fresh every other day, i know you can keep pretty much all foods in the fridge for 48 hours, then you either have to use it or bin it.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back