'Free birthing' on channel 5

Gene

Reaction score
Anyone going to watch 'extraordinary people' on channel 5 tonight at 9pm? It's about women who give birth without any medical help or intervention. One of the women was on 'This morning' this morning. I saw a clip of her going and buying her own medical eqipment etc :shock:

Yeah im planning on watching this, OH is out tonight so I have the google box to myself for a change!!! means I wont have him asking why I am watching it :lol:

Oooo sounds good!!!

I always have the tv to myself if i want it
OH always in work

I'll be watching it tonight, everyones out so i wont have any EUGHS or WATS THAT shouted over the telly.
saw it advertised just before, in between neighbours and home and away haha. :dance:

I'll be watching it too. Im hoping the arent going to portray all the women as totally nutters though.

I'm going to watch it. In a way it is crazy because you could put yourself and baby at risk, but I totally understand it. Whenever an animal is sick,in pain, dying, or about to give birth, it crawls off on its own, and I think that can be the same for humans when they are doing something so primitive as birthing.

I can understand why anyone might eschew medical intevention. It's so intrusive and can turn a positive experience into a negative one.

However, I would never do something that would put me and my unborn child at such risk. Even pre-medicine, women had attendants with extensive birthing knowledge at their side.

Im gonna watch it. I wouldn't do it though! I don't understand child birth enough to be honest! Should be interesting :)

I'm going to watch it.

At the moment my opinion on it thinks it's crazy. People always say about the fact years ago we didn't have medical intervention etc,etc but the fact is we also had high death rates of women giving birth. We have slowly lost some of our animal instincts through natural evolution. Yes ok I agree that sometimes doctors are too quick to intervene in some circumstances but to have no medical help on hand at all such as a midwife is in my opinion silly. It's putting their own and their childs life at risk all for what they see as a natural birth.

Maybe i'll change my mind when watching it, certainly open minded about what they have to say but still..

A very selfish sounding cult at that. :?

Its very much a "me me me me me meeee" thing so far. All I wants no real reasoning.

I do think there is a selfishness involved putting yourself at risk, especially when you're a single mum with two kids already.

haven't made up my mind yet, but watching all these babies being born makes me want to have another. God I'm getting broody

holy crap...only just started watching this about 15 mins ago.

scary stuff... certainly not for me

damn, i wish i had seen this post earlier cause i would have watched it for sure!!!

does anyone know if it's being repeated at any time, or if it's available online?

I've just remembered it was one. Even though i have given birth, 30 seconds of that woman screaming and i changed the channel. I get too freaked out.

I really took against that Claire woman, but I was rooting for the others :D

Minxy said:
I really took against that Claire woman, but I was rooting for the others :D

Me too. The sort of person who is ALWAYS right! I liked the birth of the woman in Wales. It is the sort I would like. Just with a midwife.

*Star* said:
damn, i wish i had seen this post earlier cause i would have watched it for sure!!!

does anyone know if it's being repeated at any time, or if it's available online?

Give it a day or something and have a look on you tube... thats what I normally do when I miss something on telly!!

First 5 mins and sent my DH running off to bed :lol: That man is such a wimp!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back