Any Advice please?

Pansy

Reaction score
Hi everyone...I am new to the board...I have been searching the internet for days looking for help...And tonight I found this board and you all seem to help each other out so well I thought maybe someone could help me...
I will try to do this without confusing you too much...
I am 7 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby...My son is 6 years old...So I almost forgot what it is like to be pregnant!...
Last Tuesday (March 8th) I was in bed all day with a headache and backache...I just felt totally BLAH and couldnt get out of bed...I got up at 7 PM to use the restroom and I was bleeding a maroonish color blood...I kind of flipped out but decided to see if it went away...Went again and had red,pink and mucousy looking discharge...With a small small clot...So of course I freaked out and went to the ER...
At the ER they checked my HcG levels and did an U/S...Everything looked great...So I came home reassured...
The bleeding stopped at about 9 PM and I was fine until Wednesday night I bled some more...Maroonish again...Then I had quite a bit of tannish looking mucousy discharge...Then nothing again...
Now since Thursday I have had stabbing pains very low in my abdomen...I thought they were stabbing vagina pains which I looked up and found out were perfectly normal...
It has now been 4 days and they haven't gone away...They are pretty constant when I am sitting or lying but I do not feel them if I am up walking around (which I am not supposed to be doing)...My Dr advised me to take it easy and to rest...But there is no proof that bedrest will prevent a miscarriage so I do not just lie around all day...
Anyhow...I am just starting to really worry about these pains...1 day I thought was normal...2 I didnt really flip out...But it has been 4 days now...Should I be worried about this?...I am so scared but I do not want to run to the ER if this is normal and everything is fine...Please can someone help me out here?...Thanks a bunch...Pansy

My advice is to go to the ER and get checked again. Stabbing pains this early is not as normal as everyone says. Just get yourself checked out to rest your mind.

I agree, go to the ER and get checked, best to be safe than sorry. Dull pains are normal because of the muscles getting used to you being pregnant again.
But stabbing pains are not normal, that acompanied with the previous bleeding would have me worried also. Go get checked out, even if it's just to reasure yourself that everything is ok. It takes the stress and worry away doesn't it.

Thanks for the replies...
Just thought I would update...
The pain went away...And now I feel great...Which worries me even more!...All my symptoms are gone...All I am left with is sore breasts...I had nausea and extreme fatigue and every smell was soooo strong and made me want to gag...It is all gone...I know I probably shouldnt worry...But I went to the Dr a few days ago and they tried to hear the heartbeat and they couldnt...It is probably just too early...I know this...Still I worry about it...I go Tuesday to have a listen again...
Wish me luck
Pansy

When you go back to the doctors ask for an ultrasound. Just so they can be sure things are ok. I had an ultrasound done at 8 1/2 weeks just so they see that things where ok.

I had a similar thing happen to me, the midwife checked for the heartbeat one week as she said she wasn't sure if I was further on or not but not to worry if we didn't hear anything as you often can't hear the heartbeat until 10/11 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back