Found what looks like rubber in sons fishcake! Update 1st post

charliebear

Reaction score
I'm horrified!

I was chopping AJ's fishcake up and turns out I've found what looks like a thin strip of rubber? Its about the size of my fingernail. So glad i found it when chopping his fishcake and not when he was eating it!

Guess who's not buying Asda's fresh fishcakes anymore!

Will try and upload a pic...

Update 7th Oct

I emailed last night complaining about what I found.

I recieved an email today asking me to take the rubber (its some sort of plastic/rubber type material! Hard to describe) and the packaging to my local Asda store to be sent off to try and determine what went wrong?

Going to do a run to Asda tomorrow and drop it in, I'm in desperate need of a cough bottle anyway!

Last edited:
I would take them back to asda with a massive complaint!

Sorry about the size I've tried to resize it but its not working??
Anyway here's the pic of the rubber stuff?
100_0873.jpg

I'd definately have kept the fish cake and rubber and taken them to asda x glad you found it and not lo x

yikes, I found a toothpick looking thing in my Tesco cereal once,
could have so easily missed it! X

Hope they sort it for you hun xx

I've found alsorts in some food I've bought...Here are the most recent...

I found a piece of mouldy wood about an inch long in some frozen veg from Tesco...got some vouchers for the 'inconvenience'...
I also found a squashed daddy long legs in some muffins I bought from Aldi (never heard a thing back from them despite several letters and phone calls!) Never bought from there again!

Asda are normally pretty good with complaints so you should get some vouchers from them...Good luck xx

Eww :sick:

I guess I've always been lucky and not found anything in our food. Well apart from the time we went to BKing and found a bone in the chicken bites...OH nearly ate it! They got a piece of my mind...though I doubt they did anything about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back