formula to milk change change

mum2A&L

Reaction score
at 7 months i asked my HV if i should change alice up to the next stage forumal (she is on cow and gate). she said that i didn't need to and she could stay on the premium one. after conversations with a few friends, im worried she has given me the wrong advise. should i have moved her up to a different formula by now?

now she is almost 12 months we are starting to think of the swap to milk. whats everyones advise with this. a straight swap to full fat, a gradual swap?

With both my kids i did a straight swap and they never noticed, i think it helped that i gave them full fat milk from 6 months in cereals and sauces etc.

My HV also advised me not to change to a different formula hun, if its not broken........

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I thought you needed to change to other formula for 6months plus cos it contained more iron which bubs needs? I could be wrong.. i obviously haven't got to that stage yet but thats what i thought :think:

no my HV said the same as long as they seem satisfied on their current milk no need to change. Luke is still on sma gold. as for change in milk at 12 months not sure sorry, not there yet!!

I did a straight swap on to cows milk and Arianna didnt notice, although I did have her on the 6mths progress milk then

I kept Jake on SMA Gold until he was 11 1/2 months old (I ran out of formula so didn't bother buying another tin) which my HV said was fine to do. I am now giving him a mixture of growing up milk and cows milk which he has taken to fine. I give him 1 bottle of growing up milk and 1 bottle of cows milk a day. I might put him on to just cows milk soon though as it is fine to do this providing that they are eating a good diet with plenty of iron in it. So you can either change Alice over to growing up milk or to cows milk or a mixture of both. But as I said before providing that Alice is eating a good varied diet then you should be fine to change over to just cows milk.

http://www.boots.com/guidedsearch/newse ... =all&Nty=1

By the way it is fine to keep your LO on first milk until they are 12 months. Follow on milk does contain a bit more iron but when your LO reaches this stage you start weaning so your LO should be getting it from their diet anyway. The reason formula companies made follow on milk is because they are allowed to advertise it but they can't advertise first milk.
Read the link :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1774

ahhh... cheers for that.

i think i will try a straight swap tp cows milk and see how she takes it. She has cows milk on her bran flakes of a morning anyway.

thanks again :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back