Formula question...

We have bought one of those Cow and Gate starter packs to put in hospital bag. So will have those to start with should bf not go according to plan. Seems like a winner on here too x

I've brought LO SMA, brought 4boxes and some ready made, now thinking he may disagree with it. Basically brought it because it's what me & OH had when younger and been around the longest. :)
Everyone has their on personal preference I think x

not sure if sma has been aroun the longest just know they are one of the baby milks that have not changed their name since it started

Farleys became nurture and i was on that along with brother and sisters and im coming 29

Aptamil is not as new as everyone thinks as it was originally called milupa and has also been around a long time

not really sure bout cow n gate though!!

i chose cow n gate this time as when i had my 2nd son i was using farleys as with my first, but when they started to change the name i could not buy it anywere as they didnt want to release the new design until they had no old stuff left and i didnt want my little one to starve, so swapped him to cow n gate which seemed to suit him better :) chose it this time purely because i cant seem to find nurture (farleys) in any shops

im sure all health visitors have there own opinion but just thought id share what mine told me today

Had my first meeting wither her and took the oppertunity to ask a few questions parent craft didnt answer

anyway she said tht all the brands are pretty much the same and there is now way of knowing what eah baby will suit best but that none are better than others, I also asked her about the ready made and she there isnt any difference health wise between powder and ready made ones but again some ready made might not sit as well wth some babies, she did however say you can mix half ready made with half formula to make it lighter during the day and just give all ready made at night if i want

and on the difficult subject of pre making formula she obviusly stated the follow the guidelines blurb but said it was o to pre make a couple as long as the powder is added to boiled water ( cooled to 70 ) as this is much safer than filling all the bottles with boiled water then adding powder when the water is cold at time of feeding

again this is just her opinion though :)

I'm hoping to bf too, but I'm taking some Aptamil with me just in case. Me and my brother were brought up on Aptamil and it's said to be the closest thing to breast milk :)

:blush: I wasn't planning on buying in any. I really wanna bf and was told that if you have difficulty with bf at first, then having formula in the house can tempt you to give up quicker.

We have quite a few 24hr supermarkets near us, so I just figured DH could go out for it if we really needed.

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back