Babies first solid?

Dee1985

Reaction score
How did you first introduce solids how old was your baby and what was their first taste??

you would never think i have a 17month old, iv forgot every thing.

Harley is 4months i think hes ready? hes 19lb has 9oz bottles every 3hrs he used to sleep 12hrs at night but recently he has started waking very hungry he guzzels a 9oz bottle in 5mins dont stop to be winded. its not like i can up his feeds the bottles only go up to 9oz?

does he sound ready?
what should i first try him with and at what time of the day?
rusks? baby rice a jar a pudding a dinner breakfast veg???

i feel like a first time mum :lol:

is it just one a day at first?? ild like it to be pretty late to get him through the night again???

all advice and tips welcome :D

Hiya

They say it's best to start on baby rice, and have it earlier in the day incase it gives them tummy ache and they're up all night.

One "meal" a day to start, then slowly increased over a few weeks to 3 meals

cheers urchin. i was so confident with Dior im a big wuss with Harley :roll:

prob because i know i wont have any more babies so im trying to hold back on him growing up :oops:

how many baby spoon fulls of rice should i expect him to take? i no every baby is different and he might totaly refuse it but if he is happy with it??

3? 10? about??

and if 1 meal is satisfying him for a while is there any need to increase his meals to 3 a day? i dont want solids to replace his milk, or is that what i should do? or just the solid to top him up?

its not like i can up his feeds the bottles only go up to 9oz?
Just a quickie to say I used to fill Ella's bottle to the brim with ebm when she used to have a bottle before bed. Think it works out about 12oz (and she'd take it all the piglet!)

Harley has loads of different bottles his main ones only go up to 8oz i fill them to the brim with 9oz he has one bottle that i can get about 11oz in

With te weaning hun, go with him, he may only have a spoon or two the first time, or he might have more than that. Try again the next day and see how he goes. Let him show you :)

Yeah at first Dionne, it's more the new texture you are getting him used to, you might find he spits the whole thing out.

I'd mix up about a teaspoon of dry rice mixed with milk, and just see what he does with it for the first few days.

Good luck! It's so exciting, I loved the first few weeks of weaning!

i might try him with something about 3pm see how he reacts. here comes the messy baby days again, no matter how nice you dress them they will get filthy. iv tryed to hold out with him but he got to 4months thats loads more then Dior and he woke every 3hrs for a huge 10oz bottle.

is solids ment to help the reflux? or is it just as bad?

braydon did like baby rice on its own so i gave B a lil bit of carrot with it and it all went
i weened him at 17 weeks

yh Harley will be 17 weeks in a few days so he should be ready..
is rusks ok for them? il do it quite runny. dior never liked baby rice either

I started Lydia on baby rice at 6 months. (although at nearly 5 months she had the tiniest taste EVER of tomato...it was valentine's day and we thought we'd let her try it lol).

i started giving hassan baby rice at about 3 and a half months as he was constantly hungry - so i think it depends on your baby and you would know when he's ready! good luck hun

Hi

i never gave any to Kiara till she was 224 weeks or somthing but every baby is different go for it if you think he is ready
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back