FOR SALE - ONE HUSBAND (update - serious now)

But he wouldn't brag, like I said he's more of a lettuce. Its just his way of dealing with things. Like you just said, maybe your both finding it harder than you thought. It will take a while for you both to get back to normal. Hope it's soon tho :hug:

Snuggle said:
He might be using work as an excuse to not face whats happened hun? Maybe he doesnt know what to say or do to make you feel better? :hug: :hug:

I know everyone deals with things in different ways - the problem is he really comes across as really not being that bothered - as if we've smashed a plate and need to go and buy a new one then everything will be alright.

I said to him the other day (after yet another, 'don't worry we'll make a new baby') that if something happened to one of the dogs would he just say 'oh well, don't worry we'll go out this afternoon and get another one'? He said don't be stupid of course I wouldn't. So, I said why was he talking that way about our baby - which he took on board for all of five minutes.

He also just keeps saying how maybe it's a really good thing as it will show his sister (who recently miscarried) that she's not the only one it's ever happened to. Nice.

Oh hun, he has a way with words doesnt he! :roll: He wont feel what you feel babes but if he doesnt try to understand a bit more you will end up really angry towards him. I dont know what you can do to make him understand how you're feeling, I think men just react differently towards things than we do :hug: :hug:

You've hit the nail on the head - I just don't know what else I can do to try and make him understand how I feel about things.

I think his take on things is that as long as I have someone I'm fine - what he doesn't get is that this is one of these times where I need HIM not fobbing off on my parents (who have been great and I love so much, but this isn't their job!)

By the way on a separate note you look gorgeous in your pic x

:oops: Thank you hun, my sticking the tongue out one was getting on my nerves :lol:

Try get some sleep if you can hun and maybe try talking to hubby again tomorrow :hug: :hug:

Off to get some sleep now so will catch up with you tomorrow :hug: :hug:

babyblonde said:
He also just keeps saying how maybe it's a really good thing as it will show his sister (who recently miscarried) that she's not the only one it's ever happened to. Nice.

:shakehead: Oh my dear Lord. :wall:

You need to have a word with him and give him a prod :shakehead:

Just had a SERIOUS chat with husband dearest - where I basically spelled out that, despite his soapbox moments of telling me just how much he was bending over backwards to support me, he was, in fact, doing most things to please himself.

It transpires, as I suspected, that he is actually more upset about the whole situation than he lets on and is dealing with it in the best (and probably most unfortunate) way he knows how which is to spend time on his own and throw himself into his work. He feels that nobody is really asking him how he is coping and doesn't have a lot of support locally.

I have made it quite clear to him that he can't keep saying on the one hand 'I'm a closed book, I don't like sharing my emotions' but then complain that nobody realises he is upset or that he even gives a damn (which half the time it comes across that he doesn't). I also pointed out that when all you hear from a person is 'oh well we'll have another one' - you can't be expected to realise that they are internally saying 'but I won't ever forget this one and actually I'm really sad'.

I have no issue with the fact that he needs to deal with things in his own way (although obviously would prefer that his way of dealing with it was cuddling up at home with me and having a nice long chat) - what I have an issue with is him yelling that he's doing everything possible to support me, and then blatantly doing the opposite because it suits him. Now he admits that he needs to be at work in order to work through it himself I can deal with being left alone a little better.

I have also pointed out to him, and he now admits, that he often puts work above family and that if we are going to have children he is going to have to change this balance because family should ALWAYS come first.

Thanks all for your support girls - I have cried til I was almost sick this evening and my head is pounding but I guess it's all part of the healing process and at least we both know where we stand now.

I hope he realises now and can be more supportive of you. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: don't know what else to say - so sorry hun.

Hey Hon,

I just wanted to say so sorry you are going through this and feel alone. My husband had to go abroad on a business trip the day after my first mc started, it was devastaing to experience it alone and knowing that he was suffering the loss too but couldn't fully be there. You need each other more than usual right now and it sounds as though you are knocking together rather than being able to comfort one another. Please know that you will come through this and be stronger for it. It does sound as though he loves you very much but suffers from 'dippy man syndrome'. Not much fun when you are in the place you are in. Sending lots of hugs, you are being really brave.

Becs x x

I hope he listens to what you said :hug: :hug:

Take CAre :hug: :hug:

Thanks girls. I do feel better this morning.

Becs that must have been so hard having your husband abroad at such a sad time. :hug:

You are right, in a completely bizarre man way he had completely convinced himself that he was being really supportive - and was quite shocked when I pointed out that this wasn't the case (I drive him crazy because I evidence base everything - but at least if I give him examples he can't argue with it!). He's promised to make more of an effort - while still taking the time he needs to come to terms with this whole situation. He's planned his sleep today so that we can spend the afternoon together so that will be nice.

Thanks again and sorry for ranting at you all! In hindsight I probably should have posted this on the coping with miscarriage forum rather than ttc so thanks for putting up with me. I will try and be more cheerful today.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

don't be silly - we all need support here and we're more than willing to lend an ear for you when you need it. You've been so brave going through that, especially with the way you were treated - you have every right to rant!!

Oh Hunny - you so did the right thing speaking to your dh. My dh doesn't "do" emotion and we were very much "right lets get on with it" after each of my m/c - I used to be crying internally and desperate for a cuddle but it never happened - he wasn't malicious and it wasn't deliberate but it was the way he dealt with it - over time I realised that it was he way of dealing with it and it worked for him - so I didn't push - as a result my emotional need was slightly neglected but I consider it a small price and after 25 years of largely happy marriage we are still very much together. Basically what I am saying (why use 10 words when 200 will do :oops: ) starting as you mean to go on is very good and getting him to open up is really important - you will make such lovely parents! Also most (not all) men struggle to understand how emotionally attached we become to "our babies" from the minute we get the positive result - our bodies and mind kick in in a way they simply struggle to comprehend which explains why he can't compare your baby to your dog. I hope you're feeling better today and remember this is a trauma and it will take time to get over and you will have good days and bad days. I hope I haven't gone on too much! :bored:
:hug: Take care.
x

Oh gosh just reread my post and it looks like I'm saying you should accept being emotionally neglected :wall: I don't mean that at all! I accepted it but you don't have to and you're doing the right thing by encouraging him to open up. Sorry!
x

Thanks so much San. I find it difficult that he is quite closed off as I come from a very open family.

I don't necessarily want him to change completely - I knew he was like that when I married him!

What I have pointed out to him is that he can't have it both ways - he can't close off and not tell anyone what he thinks or feels but at the same time expect people to know! As I said, when all I hear from him is 'don't worry we'll have another one' I can't psychically work out that what he actually means is 'I'm really upset about this and I'll never forget the baby we have lost, but I'm really looking forward to having another baby with you one day soon' !

He is finding it difficult as he doesn't quite feel the same way I do about it - the loss he is experiencing is more that of being told you can have something and then having it taken away and less that of losing a child but I think he is starting to understand that to me it is much more than that.

I am so glad you and your husband are still going strong after so many years together - we're just coming up to our first anniversary so we've got a way to go on you yet!!!!

PS - Don't worry I totally got what you meant!!!!

I'm so glad you had a talk hun, maybe he will try to understand things from your perspective now a bit more. I had a feeling he was using his work as a way of dealing with it all.
Dont worry that you posted this in here, the majority of the people you know are in this section so where better to get some support babes.
I'm so sorry you're going through this hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks angel.

I think I realised yesterday that I'm not as ok with it as I first thought - but I think it's ok not to be ok (if that makes sense!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back