Food poisoning

xx emma xx

Reaction score
Me and my OH have came through to Edinburgh for a night away. Stayed in a beautiful hotel to make up for the fact we can't get pissed lol. Went out for a meal, had tapas, and now I've been up allllll night throwing up. Its like projectile vomiting, stomach feels achey too. Anytime I try sleep, my acid reflux just takes over and I forgot to bring rennies. I'm feeling really sorry for myself. Its about half 7 on a sunday morning, in a gorgeous 5 star hotel and I feel like shit.
So now I'm wondering if its maybe food poisoning or have I possibly just ate too much. I actually said to my OH when we just started eating that I felt strange and kind of sick. What do yous think? Should I say to a doc or anything or just see if it passes? Xx

Keep well hydrated- drink plenty of water! I would call your midwife for advice. Hope you feel better soon

Xx

Are you still being sick? So crap that this happened while you're in the Burgh :(

I agree with Flopsy as well

:hug:

x x x x

I had stopped. But ran a bath and lying in it and I feel horrid again. Getting a sore head, prob cos I can't get anything to drink until breakfast. Going to wake my OH up and go get breakfast, bloody raging. Was looking forward to my full scottish breakfast minus fried egg but will need to settle for toast. The only good thing out it as I've managed to fit in 2 lovely big baths with the free molton brown bubble bath haha clearly I don't get out much xx

The big baths and the molton brown freebies sound lovely!
Crappy that you won't be able to have your full Scottish :( I really want one lol.
Hope you feel better soon hun.
X x x x

Thanks :) I gave the brekkie a try but could only manage a potato scone. Got the oddest look for asking for a mug of milk for my heartburn lol. Feel like I've got a hangover! Xxx

what hotel u in??? Maybe its just a bug there is so much going about... My belly has been making the strangest loud noises all day dunno what kinda day i have ahead of me :(

what hotel u in??? Maybe its just a bug there is so much going about... My belly has been making the strangest loud noises all day dunno what kinda day i have ahead of me :(

Staying at the number 10 hotel in the new town part of edinburgh. Its lovely, just wish I could have actually have slept properly in the bed lol. Heading home now, shattered! X

Hope you are feeling better soon, crap that you felt like this on your weekend away :hug:

I would ring the midwife anyway, but if you're over the worst of it you're probably ok. keep well hydrated though. hope you feel better soon. x

Thanks ladies. I've not been sick since during the night, it's a mystery what caused it. I'm just so so tired now. I'm back in my own bed with OH spoiling me and looking after me xxx

Glad you're feeling better! I've been feeling sick all day and had 4 number 2's TMI haha. Now in bed feeling mentally very cheery but physically rotten ;)

I had to run to the bathroom 20 mins ago cos I thought I was going to throw up but it's this acid reflux thing that's burning me so bad that it's confusing whether I'll be sick or not. Luckily I wasn't. Just got sore head, might have a nap! Had a huge mug of milk so hopefully I'll get to sleep before that acid pain comes back. Hope you feel better too! Sunday's are meant for bed anyway xx

ah hun. hope you had a good nap and are feelng abit better. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back