Food Blender...

CoreysMummy

Reaction score
Hey Girlies...

Im after one of these hand held blender thingys... I want one that can pretty much go in the dishwasher. You know the kind, hand held dunk it in the bowl of food, and it blends it up, so I can make it lumpyer or smoother?

Not in any hurry, but figured if I knew a good one to get I can keep any eye open for it cheep.

So does anyone use these for their LO's food!? Oh, and does your LO like it!?

Thankies xx

Hi I have a big blender rather than a hand held but I wouldn't be without it! The amount of hidden veggies and fruit you can sueeze into purees is amazing and even though my LO is now completely weand and eats far more lumpy things I still like to add the pureed veggies because I can get loads more good stuff into him!
I would definately recommend having one!

I bought a cheap one from Argos, it was only £3.89.
I don't own a dishwasher so I'm not sure if it's dishwasher-safe, although it's easy enough to handwash anyway.

I wanted a fancy food processor, but no room in my kitchen. :(

My mum bought me a handheld one when we were TTC! Its a Braun one and it's really good. Now he's onto finger food I don't know how much longer I'll use it for, but its good for making soup and stuff too.

You can pick up a hand blender in Woolworths for about £10. Where I got mine.

And it does the puree job great :)

OopsyDaisy said:
I bought a cheap one from Argos, it was only £3.89.
I don't own a dishwasher so I'm not sure if it's dishwasher-safe, although it's easy enough to handwash anyway.
:(

Ditto! :D The sharp end unscrews, so dont see why it couldnt be put in dishwasher, but as OopsyDaisy says, it's dead easy to rinse off in the washing up bowl.

My LO loves his fruit & veg purees, he's not onto anything more lumpy yet - I did try him on something earlier today, but he gagged big style & threw up :puke: ... so back to the purees!

Well that one from argos seems a good bet then. They are cheeper than I thought!

Its got to be cheeper to blend up some of the carrots, brocolli etc that we have with our dinner, than buying jars of baby food. Which im sure is about as good as me eating ready meals every night!!

Zodiac said:
The sharp end unscrews, so dont see why it couldnt be put in dishwasher, but as OopsyDaisy says, it's dead easy to rinse off in the washing up bowl.

Oh really? I didn't know you could undo the blade!!! Good to know, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back