home made dinners

Piglet10

Reaction score
ok i feed madison some baby porridge/cereal in morn, and either yogurt or custard or rusk or fruit or jelly etc at evening tea.

for lunch ive been making my own dinners all different varieties but im using a hand blender, im finding some blend really well and some arent getting blended enough with hand blender eg rice... should i invest in proper food blender or wait it out ?? and any recommendations bearing in mind i dont want anything too expensive as she will be able to take lumpier in month or two ... xx

How many bottles is she having a day Lisa?? I have just started Odhrán on one fruit pot at lunchtime.. I feel this is right for him at the minute.. I wouldn't jump into buying anything that you wouldn't be using for much longer.. Have you tried pushing the rice through a siv after hand blending it? This way it might mush some of the remaining lumps and if not then it will catch them and won't be going into little miss's food xx

ohhh thats an excellent idea!!! shes having at around 10am baby breakfast cereal and 5oz bottle, lunch is home made dinner and 5 oz bottle, tea is yogurt or custard or summit and 5 oz bottle and a 7 oz bottle before bed... so 3x 5oz bottles and one 7oz bottle. what are those fruit pots like ive been blending fruit but not sure if i can freeze it so a lil bit of a hassle... xx

I only had a hand held blender and was pleased I didn't waste money on anything else. For a few foods I also used the siv. But to be honest it's such a short time they eat the finely blended foods that I din't find the need for any special machines.

that sieve idea is a great idea - must remember that one
I love the little guy food stage, making tiny portions!

I would hang in there with your hand blender Lisa

Last edited:
Rice is a hard one to blend :wall2: Pasta is worse :wall:

Try adding a little cool boiled water and see does it mash any better :)

well the latest... i was at my mums this evening and seen a brand new blender on the shelf a realllly nice one that shes never got round to opening :D so i said "ill have that!!!" anything for their granddaughter ha!! lol ill give it back tho!! :D but i had decided on not buying one just sieving but this is even better i may experiment with other foods for myself too :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back