Following on from loopys thread-births balls, what do I do now I have one?

Lulabell

Reaction score
As title says, what do I do now that I have my exercise/birthing ball?xx

Mine came today my midwife said to sit on it and try and sit still because the ball constantly moves so do your hips and it builds up your core strength xx

I do a few diff things.

I sit and gently bounce up and down. I sit on it and rock from side to side and I also sit and rotate my hips in a circle.

Another thing u can do if u find it comfy is to kneel on the floor with the ball in front of you and lean over it.

Its all about getting into positions to encourage baby into a head down position.

There are prob lots more positions u can do, maybe search online?

I also rest my feet on it when Im on the sofa to reduce the swelling in my legs lol

i just sat on mine and wiggled around to take the pressure off my spine as it hurts lol. not worried about babys position yet but dont like having a naff sore back and getting stiff and crippled from sitting down

Got mine when I was about 20 weeks but didnt use it as much then as I do now

I've been using mine since tri 2 for an hour a day. I pretty much just sit on it (for an hour) but I also try to rock side to side and back to front to help with the old pelvic floor. I also sit on it with 1 leg on the floor and try to lift the other leg off the ground a bit (so I'm balanced on one foot and the ball) and hold it and do it a few times up and down then swap legs, according to my fitness instructor mate this helps with balance which we all know goes to pot!

yeah what pinkprincess said it what I been doin and also what d physio iv been seeing about my pelvis and back probs advised

But to start off id say just sit on it and work your way up to lifitng the leg n stuff cos u dont wanna fall over lol

yeah what pinkprincess said it what I been doin and also what d physio iv been seeing about my pelvis and back probs advised

But to start off id say just sit on it and work your way up to lifitng the leg n stuff cos u dont wanna fall over lol

HAHA I've come close recently!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back