Folic Acid

Flossy82

Reaction score
Hey ladies just wondering what folic acid you used? I have got the Sanatogen Pro Natal to use as i did last time is this ok and os it ok to start taking it now :D

Thats what I took, but I took wit while TTC and up until I was 12wks. :hug:

hey flossy
i used the sanatogen pronatal aswell, and i started taking it when we were TTC so it should be ok for you to take it now. It think its actually supposed to be used when TTC, through pregnancy and can still be used if your breastfeeding too. :D

Just wondering as this is what the doctor reccomended to me last time thanks ladies :D

i took whatever boots gives me. think its their own :D

I have been taking Morrisons own brand Folic Acid. I started taking it while TTC and am not sure when to stop. I have heard it is 12 weeks but am a bit unsure and scared to stop too early.....is it safe to stop as soon as you get to 12 weeks?

Take Care x

NIE said:
I have been taking Morrisons own brand Folic Acid. I started taking it while TTC and am not sure when to stop. I have heard it is 12 weeks but am a bit unsure and scared to stop too early.....is it safe to stop as soon as you get to 12 weeks?

Take Care x

Nie my midwife said i could stop taking it at 12 weeks but she said you can still take it if you want, but basically it doesnt do much as the benefits are in the first 12 weeks. :D

:oops: i havent taken folic acid in any of my pregnancys.. wasnt even told about it, what does it do..

sunshinestars said:
:oops: i havent taken folic acid in any of my pregnancys.. wasnt even told about it, what does it do..

That's awful :shock: Thats the first thing my doctor and midwife said to me...

'Folic acid is a B vitamin (B9) found mostly in leafy green vegetables like kale and spinach, orange juice, and enriched grains. Repeated studies have shown that women who get 400 micrograms (0.4 milligrams) daily prior to conception and during early pregnancy reduce the risk that their baby will be born with a serious neural tube defect (a birth defect involving incomplete development of the brain and spinal cord) by up to 70%.

The most common neural tube defects are spina bifida (an incomplete closure of the spinal cord and spinal column), anencephaly (severe underdevelopment of the brain), and encephalocele (when brain tissue protrudes out to the skin from an abnormal opening in the skull). All of these defects occur during the first 28 days of pregnancy - usually before a woman even knows she's pregnant.'

SSS: I think it's TERRIBLE that folic acid wasn't mentioned to you, it's vital!!

I've been taking Sanatogen Pro-Natal vitamins since January 2006 in preperation for TTC as well. Once I got my BFP I continued with the vitamins but bought the pack that contains the omega 3 oils too. I've taken them daily since the BFP and will continue to do so through my breastfeeding stage too.

to start with i was takin pregnacare but it was £5 for 1 month, so got tescos own brand only bout £2 for 3 months worth

i only took folic acid from second month of preg so about 8weeks and took a few days after 12weeks but ive been having alot of food that contain folic so should be alright. baby was fine at the scans :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back