Folic Acid x

kitten x

Reaction score
:wave: hiya bet your sick of me postin xx

i found out very early i was pregnant fink i was 3weeks and 2 or 3days :think: well im not seeing my midwife till im 8weeks so i brought myself folic acid and have been taking it will this be ok? is it wrong to take it so early and with out being perscribed it or told its ok to take i no to only take it till im 12weeks? will baby be ok just slightly worried :pray: :hug:

no hun, its fine to take without it being prescribed, they say to take it as soon as you find out you are pregnant, and the boxes sold in shops/boots are the correct stregnth etc. Or what I have done is take a prenatal vitamin (Tommys) that includes folic acid along side all other recommended vitamins including omega 3 and DHA I think its called. then you know you are getting the correct dose of all needed vitamins every day.

Just remember to only take recommended dose on the box.

Yep, it's perfectly fine to take folic acid that you've bought - in fact, when I mentioned to my Dr that we were going to ttc, back in October, she told me to start taking folic acid then - so I did and then didn't fall pg until January, and it's not done me any harm. At my booking appointment my MW told me to get one of those mum-to-be supplement packs, so I take that as it's got all the folic acid and all the other vitimins we need in it. She also told me that they suggest you keep on taking the folic acid up until 14 weeks - I guess this is in case there are any changes in your dates, etc, as the baby should be passed the critical development stage by 12 weeks. Still, better to be safe than sorry, and it'll do no harm.

Hope that helps :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back