Fitness and weight

floridagirl

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I struggle with my weight (I will admit I am very greedy :shock:) I lost a stone after Christmas and it is slowly creeping back on !
So when I did my test on Sunday I decided that I need to take extra care of myself during this pregnancy (as being over weight can cause problems) so I ve been walking and eating healthy and plan to swim also.
Anyone else trying to keep on top of thier weight?
What I really want to do is sit on my bum and eat for two lol so it's going to be really hard :wall2:

Yeah I plan to join aqua natal after 12 weeks and slimming world as they do a pregnancy plan to watch my weight. I'm 9+3 and have put on half a stone already! Xxx

Oooh aqua natal sounds like a fab idea!
Would love to do that.

I'm just doing a bit of wslking, but since I have an office job, I know I should do a little more.
Swimming us on my list, gonna check out the swimming baths near work
x

Yeah I plan to join aqua natal after 12 weeks and slimming world as they do a pregnancy plan to watch my weight. I'm 9+3 and have put on half a stone already! Xxx

Aqua natal does sound good!!! Do you just ring your local council to find out about it?

I'm about 3 stone overweight. So am very keen to not gain anything except bump.

That being said I'm not letting myself be hungry. But this past week I've never eaten so much fruit and veg ever. And due to feeling a little sicky my portions aren't as big.

I've actually lost a pound or two but am not going to track it too much.

I just figure if I get the calories I need and only eat meals with good nutrition in (people at work are getting KFC for lunch on Friday and I just can't think of anything in that meal that would benefit my poppyseed so I won't have it) then I shouldn't need to worry too much on calories and weight gain etc.

I just want everything that I eat and drink to have something beneficial in there for baby.

Fingers crossed I'll lose some bum and leg fat but gain a big round belly. But a healthy baby is my goal as opposed to any weight related target. I'll work on that one later.

Aqua-natal sounds fab! Think I might see if there's something like that near me.

Nice way to meet other mums too. :)

I will be joining antenatal yoga + swimming and counting my calories (adding 300 to the normal calorie range) but I need to write it down in order to keep on top of things...

I think you can just go on google and type it in in your local area and it came up with the places that do it near where i live. It says i can only start after 12 weeks but it will be good and fun i think!!

try aquanatal.co.uk and go to by region and there are lists on there. xxx

I was hoping to keep walking my dog and do gentle stuff with my Wii fit and kenect.
BUT morning sickness has thrown all that out the window so I spend most of the day on the couch or in bed when not got head down the loo.

Don't worry too much in first tri as a lot is going on :)

I spent every week up until now stuffing my face I was so hungry but now all of a sudden I'm just thirsty no longer hungry so this is where my healthy eating starts :D

Asd glad im not the only one that has been sooo hungry ....I have literally been needing to eat something every 2 hours and been waking in the middle of the night starving hungry not being able to sleep. Im 10 weeks today so hoping like you that it eases off. Luckily I have not gained weight - even lost a few pounds in early stages so Im not going to worry to much about eating! Just trying to be sensible!

I'm still running but not overdoing it. Swimming s also really good, I've got to be fit in my job so really going to try hard not to pile on the pounds! Hard though as its my first pregnancy so having all the normal worries!
Good luck with all the fitness ladies, baby should love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back