first time mum anxiety

mummywanabe

Reaction score
Have 30 days until due date, ive found myself getting very anxious and have insomnia now, im getting so nervous not about the labour but about being a mummy. Im worried about how ill cope, will we have enough money, am I ready for this, what if im not a good mummy. I cannot wait to meet baby and kiss and cuddle it and im so in love already but im scared now anyone else feeling this way? :(

Beening a mummy will just kick in naturally as soon as your little bundle is here all your worry s will go away :) I had my little boy at 17 and couldn't even look after my self and had no money .. It all works out and I'd say I'm a pretty good mummy !! I bet you will be fab mummy because if your worrying it only means you care so much :) x

I've been feeling this way for a while and I'm 34+2 so still have a while to go. I think it's normal for us first timers and only to be expected. I'm sure you'll be a great mummy no matter what your fears are hun. Maybe try having a chat with your OH and see how he feeks. He might surprise you and give you a little reassurance. I know it's been helpful talking to my hubby about the little things, really makes me feel a little better.

I ask him how he feels he keeps saying hes great no worries but I duno if hes telling me the truth or if hes scared too and doesnt wana tell me , I always feel better knowing hes the strong one if he told me he was scared too id probably freak out lol, I suppose every first time mum feels a bit anxious as things get closer

I'm scared too! I often think about money and if il be able to cope! I can't wait to meet her and love her so much already but its the little things i do now like quickly nipping to the shop - my life will change soooo much. I'm excited at the same time though :) xx

My hubby was trying to be strong until he realised I was starting get anxcious too!! At least if you talk about it and find out what you're both worried about you might be able to do some research or go over things together and reassure each other. I think when our babies get here it'll all just kick in naturally and we'll all be great mums!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back