First Pregnancy Worries...Natural??

LexieJones

Reaction score
Because im new to all this pregnancy lark, im not quite sure what to make of it all. I havent got any friends who have children, and i was 2 when my sister was born so dont remember that pregnancy, so iv never been around a pregnant woman for longer than possibly standing by one in a queue in Sainsburys.
I was told yesterday by the doctor to phone my nearest hospital and arrange a booking appointment, the midwife i spoke to was lovely but told me to ring them back next week after the date of my next period would have been due because this will give the fertilised egg time to implant itself into my uterus. Well this has worried me...does this mean that something may go wrong in the next week???? :? or is it just standard proceedure? She told me all that would happen at the booking appointment and sounded very nice but this has worried me slightly......its like all im doing is waiting because i had a bit of a nightmare getting the truth as to wether i was pregnant or not. My home pregnancy tests (all 5 of them) said i was pregnant but the doctors ones (3 of them) said i wasnt. So they had to send them off for special testing. argh, its been a ride so far already!

aww congratulations, no it's perfectly normal what the midwife said, the fertilised egg needs to implant into the womb for the preegnancy to progress :hug: :hug: here these video's might be of help :D http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/miracle/program.html#, they are great video's i'd sugest watching it from video 2 :D

congrats hun....but listen im on my 2nd pregnancey and i think im more worried this time that i was 1st time round so dont worry you will be fine :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

rhian85 said:
congrats hun....but listen im on my 2nd pregnancey and i think im more worried this time that i was 1st time round so dont worry you will be fine :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yeah I seem to be as well Rhian...funny that isnt it! :wall: You'd think we'd be more at ease.

There is nothing to worry about Lexie, just wait till next week and give them a call. :hug: Congrats on your pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back