First period post birth - low mood

kathryn85

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
My period has started today, 11 months after I gave birth to my second child. I had not planned on having any more children and initially I was happy with this decision and had started to sell and donate baby things that we no longer needed.

However, now that my first period has arrived I feel this strange sense of closure that is making me feel really low and miserable. I’m doubting my decision about not having any more children. It feels so final. I loved pregnancy and having a new baby. I’m not sure if I’m ready to shut the door on that chapter in my life.

I just wondered if anyone else can relate - maybe it’s just my hormones! I feel really upset, also because the cramps are reminding me of labour and the whole birth process. I also feel guilty as I should just feel grateful for my two boys. But there’s this nagging feeling and I can’t escape it.

There’s absolutely nothing to feel guilty about. And it’s okay to feel sad about something even when you think/know it’s the right decision for you/your family. Your feelings are normal and valid. Acknowledging those feelings is important. Coming to terms with an end causes grief. It’s a process.

All of these feelings are natural, and are natural process of us conscious beings. I remember when I first saw blood in my Ziggy disc, I felt triggered by the period before the labor, and the way life was before. I guess these thoughts and feelings happen like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back