• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

first MW appointment at 13w +3??!

flopsybunny

Reaction score
Any of you girls have to wait this long? The MW contacted me today and did a telephone appointment (she called it) asking all the questions and stuff and then told me all being well, I would be seen for the 1st MW appointment and scan on 2nd July...I will be 13w +3 (all being well). Is it just me or does that seem a long time to wait?!

that does seem a long time i have seen my mw twice now and im 9 weeks saturday i dont see her again now tho till 16 weeks, i see so many diferent ways that difrent areas do things but this does seem odd was the fone call ur booking in app? cos u will need bloods doing they are usualy done around 8-10 weeks i think but i could be wrong xx

After she has taken all your details they don't see you again till after the scan, sounds like they do the booking appointment over the phone. If your not happy call them jn the mugging and ask to explain

Yes the telephone call was the booking appointment. I thought the whole point of the first scan was to date the pregnancy because up to 12 weeks babies generally follow the same growth and start to change after 12 weeks with some growing quicker than others etc. Surely they can accurately date my pregnancy as late as 13 w +3??

never heard of a booking in over the fone wat about ya bloods do u have to go ur docs for them ? the 12 week scan is indeed for dating but if ur sure of ur dates then u may well stay the same or move a day or 2 bk or forward xxx

Yes , It may well be right booking in on the phone , but I wouldn't like it I made a right fuss 'cos they wanted me to wait 'til almost 18 weeks before seeing a midwife , after my hissy fit got in the same day and got to hear hb I was going out of my mind worrying wheather bubs was actually there and ok or not , feel loads better now . Good luck xx

they should really be checking your blood pressure and urine does not seem a long time xx

i cant beleive they actua;y wanted u to wait till u were 18 weeks that is a total joke! glad u got seen to tho in the end xx

I am having my booking in appointment at 12 weeks and scan at 13 weeks. This is my first pregnancy so I have lotd of questions to ask and I am really annoyed I am having to wait so long. I haven't had an appointment over the phone. This is despite my dr requesting an early dating scan due to long cycles. Potentially I will be further along than the timescale given. I am concerned from reading that dating scans are inaccurate after 12 weeks that they won't be able to accurately date it. I feel really isolated as haven't told people yet, and was hoping to have blood tests soon as I'm feeling dizzy and lightheaded.

i cant beleive they actua;y wanted u to wait till u were 18 weeks that is a total joke! glad u got seen to tho in the end xx

Yeah I know, I didn't know I had a hissy fit like that in me, amazing what happens when your angry, scared and worried all at the same time I believe I may have actually changed colour like the hulk or something . xx

Last edited:
Mine was 17weeks. 16 is standard for the first apt but my dates were wrong. 2nd apt is 25weeks xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Have to add though, I did get bp and urine checked at the NHS scans at 10 + 12 weeks xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

scans and midwifes are nightmares sometimes, my friend said that she felt with her second pregnancy they have just neglected her lol.

I am still awaiting my mw appointment but I am only 7 weeks. I will phone up tomorrow if I dont hear anything as I wont be one to wait. Especially since I work with the NHS and I know that nurses and receptionists tend to leave stuff sitting for ages before processing, sometimes they need a boot up the backside lol xxx

Sorry I had a look at the appointment system, lucky I work in the same hospital as my mat ward, My scan is 13th June and Ill be exactly 12 weeks. xxx

i thought that the first app was usualy between 7 and 10 weeks then the second at 16 weeks this is how its always been fora long time but i have heard some stories a[f mws not realy giving a toss and i think its bang out specialy with ur first baby and not knowing wat to expect etc, well done katey u told them didnt ya hehe xx

I just contacted my hospital there, and had asked if my appointment was a booking or scan as it says booking on the referral but the lady says its a "full booking and scan" so I guess its a 2 in one kinda thing. Best to actually phone your maternity place and ask what actually entails in this appointment or your GP xxx

Yes the telephone call was the booking appointment. I thought the whole point of the first scan was to date the pregnancy because up to 12 weeks babies generally follow the same growth and start to change after 12 weeks with some growing quicker than others etc. Surely they can accurately date my pregnancy as late as 13 w +3??

First scan can be done anywhere between 11-14 wks depending on hospital and how busy they are x

I just contacted my hospital there, and had asked if my appointment was a booking or scan as it says booking on the referral but the lady says its a "full booking and scan" so I guess its a 2 in one kinda thing. Best to actually phone your maternity place and ask what actually entails in this appointment or your GP xxx

i ahve heard of this way yes quite a lot having it all done on same day xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back